- Pay Rate:
£15.98 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Paralegal -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00042502
Pay Rate: £15.98 per hour PAYE
This role is currently remote working with a return to the office between end of July – September based at the office in London.
- Managing the production of pieces of legal advice for which you will be responsible, including drafting the advice, necessary research, and liaising with policy colleagues.
- Assisting lawyers with; research on discrete legal questions, proofreading documents, liaising with policy and legal colleagues, assisting with drafting written legal advice, production of documents, such as tables summarising relevant statutory provisions.
- Attending and taking notes at meetings with policy and lawyer colleagues from within the organisation, and from other departments.
- Summarising pieces of advice provided by the team, and also by external counsel.
- Maintaining trackers of legal issues and advice given by the team.
- Arranging for external counsel to be instructed on behalf of the team
- Other administrative tasks, such as arranging meetings etc.
- Law degree and preference for LPC
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.