- Pay Rate:
Up to £190 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Head of Digital Content -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00057242
Pay Rate: Up to £190 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Remote, may be required to attend the office in London.
An Interim Head of Digital Content is required on a contract basis, who is a visionary communicator to lead and direct the department’s content strategy, defining and articulating the content pillars for each channel, and identifying new original content opportunities.
The Head of Digital Content will be responsible for building the department’s digital communications capability.
You will be able to expertly convey complex policy into content that cuts through to the public, and demonstrate the success of their work using clear analytics.
While this is a leadership role and managing the content production process will be the default, the hard technical skills required to execute engaging content are essential.
You should have a deep understanding of the political landscape and can expect to work closely with senior leaders from across the department daily.
You will play an active role in the Communication Directorate’s Senior Management Team and be responsible for contributing to raising skills across the team and championing digital excellence across the department.
- Responsibility for quality control of social media output, ensuring original content
- Responsibility for the Strategic direction
- Responsibility for Content strategy, with ability to create a long-term plan for the social media channels
- Budget holder skills
- Managing a team of four
- Develop the content vision alongside ministers and key stakeholders within the department.
- Stay at the forefront of social, video and publishing trends to ensure that we continue to reach and engage as many people with our content as possible.
- Effectively communicate the content vision to the department’s teams to ensure buy-in for ideas.
- Upskill the department to understand the role of social and digital within future communications.
- Provide advice on all aspects of social media handling to Senior Leaders
- Work closely with the media team senior management to ensure we are using social media output to influence media coverage and tackle misinformation
- Lead and direct the department’s content strategy, defining and articulating our content pillars for each channel, and new original content opportunities.
- Ensure filming, and editing days are planned.
- Manage the monthly budget for original content shoots.
- Build and maintain a content calendar monitoring events and trends, and ensure we capitalise with well thought out content packages throughout the year.
- Outline and start a content management system to help the team find existing owned/license content easily.
- Provide final pre-publication clearance on all social media content to ensure all videos are clear, accurate, error-free and in the department’s video style and voice.
- Report on weekly content performance, brand equity growth and proactively suggest actions based on the insights the reports provide
- Lead and manage a team of digital communications experts.
- Nurture the team and help with their personal development to ensure they achieve their own personal goals for career progression.
- Communicate effectively with the Department to ensure that the team is meeting key departmental objectives and ensure we are maximising the resources are at our disposal.
- Play an active role in the Senior Management Team of the Communications Directorate and drive digital best practice across the department.
- Participation in out of hours rota as required.
- Ideally previous job roles in Graphics/ Digital
- Experienced creative professional with experience in high-profile organisations.
- Ability to manage new capacity and take the digital output to a new level.
- Good written communication
- Very senior stakeholder management experience.
- Confidence reporting to senior stakeholders
- Leadership experience – Will be managing a team of 4.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Head of Digital Content - Remote Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.