- Pay Rate:
Up to £45 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Process Design Engineer -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00057872 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £45 per hour pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Cumbria. Min 2 days a week in office. Some travel to other sites will also be required.
An experienced Process Design Engineer is required on a contract basis, working for the Task Team.
- A range of Process Engineering design work to support the Operating Units (OUs) across the Sellafield site.
- A wide variety of chemical engineering tasks (multi-disciplinary).
- Design support to the scoping of tasks, typically comprising:
- Review task initiation documents, attendance at walkdowns, scoping and planning meetings.
- Development of optioneering documents/concept design.
- Completion of detailed design information, such as:
- Production of Basis of Designs, calculations, proposal EFDs, datasheets
- Participation in SDDR’s, MDDR’s, HAZOP’s etc.
- Engagement with Design Capability design engineers / SMEs for specialist support.
- Assisting in the preparation of design substantiation in the form of NFR’s, and DAR’s support SSC’s identified within new or modified safety cases, and to support the substantiation through MSC.
- Support installation, commissioning and close out of tasks, through engagement with plant, EFDs updates etc.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience.
- Previous experience in nuclear industry or other regulated industry.
- Ability to work independently, managing own portfolio of tasks and within minimal supervision.
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and with Process Engineering team to manage delivery of work to the required timescale.
- Chartered chemical engineer status would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Security Clearance: BPSS Basic
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Process Design Engineer - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.