- Pay Rate:
£18.76 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Temporary Business Support Officer / Admin – Housing Services
Reference no: Hackney RQ802619
Pay rate: £18.76 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
A Business Support Officer is required to assist with a peak in workload relating to complaints, case work and leaks. The Customer Relationship Team is one of the most high profile teams in Housing working on a varied scope of work in Building Maintenance. This role will expose the successful candidate to a wide range of services within Housing and is a great development opportunity for anyone looking to build a career in this area.
To work within a defined Business Support team providing support across a variety of customer service, administrative and finance functions, including but not limited to customer service, data entry, general office support and completion of defined service tasks including basic financial support.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Administrative and Customer Service business support within defined service areas.
- Data entry.
- Supporting compliance checks.
- Production of management information for customers.
- Typing services, filing, photocopying and telephone cover.
- Produce notes, actions or minutes that are of a high standard in presentation, accurately recorded and detail such meetings within agreed standards and timescales.
- Ensure the smooth running of the team office through provision of generic administrative support tasks such as filing, photocopying and typing.
- Undertake basic financial support including purchase orders, good receipts and invoices in accordance with relevant financial regulations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of working in a fast paced and customer service based environment.
- Relevant experience of working in an administrative/ business support role.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of people.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to organise own workload to meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Self motivated, flexible and resourceful.
- A good team player, able to work collaboratively with colleagues at all levels and adjust own work priorities to assist colleagues in meeting service area objectives.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Support Officer / Admin – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.