- Pay Rate:
Up to £278.00 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
21 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- Greenwich, London,
Interim PT Town Centre Manager – Regeneration
Reference no: Greenwich RQ830906
Pay Rate: Up to £278.00 per day PAYE depending on experience
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received.
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
Weekend and evening working may be required on occasions
Working 3 days per week, this role is responsible for town centre management, co-ordinating public services to achieve operational outcomes, influencing strategic development, engaging residents, the business community and local partnerships and promoting the place, planned regeneration and future prosperity.
To input town centre knowledge and intelligence into the development of Council’s policies and strategies including the Core Strategy and regeneration master plans. To coordinate external funding bids for town centre or neighbourhood shopping initiatives.
- Act as the Town Centre Manager for one of the Borough’s town centres and relevant surrounding areas, including neighbourhood shopping areas, monitoring and co-ordinating delivery of public services to ensure high quality outcomes.
- Engage with colleagues across the Directorate and the Council to influence strategic development of town centres, to ensure cohesive and sustainable social, economic and environmental outcomes that meet the needs of local residents, visitors and businesses.
- Monitor the physical environment and public realm, working with relevant agencies and services to improve standards and outcomes.
- Promote town centres as places in which to invest, work, live, visit and enjoy leisure time, developing marketing and publicity programmes and organising events and activities in liaison with corporate teams responsible for communications, tourism, arts and culture.
- Lead on appropriate town centre projects and manage up to 3 staff and / or consultants assigned to deliver projects, partnership programmes and from time to time, temporary staff and consultants implementing commissioned projects.
- Develop and support regular one-off events and activities which raise the profile of the town centre and encourage repeat visits, thereby supporting local businesses and promoting greater and more frequent use of town centre shops and services.
- Keep abreast of policy and legislation in relation to town centre management and produce briefings and reports as required.
- Act as a key point of contact for enquiries relating to the use of town centre spaces.
- Monitor relevant town centre and project budgets.
- Work flexibly including weekend and evening working hours as appropriate.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) - please give full details within your CV document.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
PT Town Centre Manager - Regeneration
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.