- Pay Rate:
Up to £385 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Quantity Surveyor -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00067647
Pay Rate: Up to £385 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid Working, either offices in Blackpool, Cardiff, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, or Sheffield (40% on site or in office doing training/meeting, 60% from home)
Contract Length: Approx. 6 months
A Quantity Surveyor is needed on a contract basis for approximately 6 months.
What you’ll do:
- Provide an independent review and budget challenge for all types of major projects - providing cost assurance to support change management/control and displaying confidence when making difficult decisions
- Works with Estates colleagues to ensure a holistic portfolio approach is taken across all projects to ensure the most efficient and effective management of the Estates assets understanding the strategic drivers for Estates and the customer, aligning activities to contribute to the wider organisational priorities
- Develop, implement and manage project procurement policies and procedures for projects and programmes of work, communicated to all stakeholders to understand their role in the process
Who you are:
- Strong Commercial experience gained within a Property, Facilities Management or similar complex function within a large, matrix organisation
- Strong exposure to a wide range of Commercial Development related projects and activities from design phase onwards, applying good commercial principles to multi-site works delivery
- A detailed working knowledge of construction procurement and contracting strategies and a proven ability to apply the most appropriate strategy to suit specific project characteristics and risks
- Influential in leading key stakeholders towards Commercial solutions that give a balance of optimal commercial performance whilst delivering on business strategy
- High level management of key suppliers, able to support negotiations, management or escalation issues, and engage in key decision making that has strategic consequences
- Understanding and complying with Real Estate and related Statutory, Regulatory and Professional requirements
- Experience of Project Management - excellent organisational skills supported by robust planning and prioritisation and experience in setting up and managing frameworks to support projects
- Interpretation and analysis of data to inform decision making
- Experienced in finance control, procedures and reporting including providing cost reporting and client side assurance role
- Sound judgement, initiative and prioritisation skills, the ability to delivery at pace and work to tight timescales
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.