- Pay Rate:
Up to £440 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim IT Senior Operations Engineer -Hybrid Working - PSR 1JP00058142 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £440 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Office Manchester - office role with some flexibility. Number of days in office TBC.
It is essential that you are able to demonstrate networking experience and both technical and support experience, for this role.
The post holder will support, manage and maintain a single application or a suite of applications. They will maintain services and be responsible for conducting user and security administration.
They will monitor applications and be accountable for batch processes. In some organisations they may carry out the duties of an end user computing engineer, such as fixing technical problems, maintaining hardware and liaising with the Problem or Incident Manager.
Security Clearance is required for this role.
- Maintain secure configuration and accurate information, controlling IT assets in one or more significant areas, and verifying location and state of assets.
- Manage service components to ensure they meet business needs and performance targets.
Implement changes and know how to apply change control procedures.
- Develop process efficiency, support specific activities to improve development processes and can spot or identify obvious deficiencies.
- Identify and register incidents allocating it to the appropriate channel.
- Investigate problems in systems, processes and services, with an understanding of the level of a problem.
- Assist in technical support activities and carry out agreed / routine maintenance and administration tasks.
- Understanding of the role of testing and how it works.
- Able to identify needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance required
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim IT Senior Operations Engineer - Hybrid Working
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.