- Pay Rate:
£10.80 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- NUNEATON, Warwickshire,
Temporary Administrator – Property Services
Reference no: Nuneaton 5225528
Pay rate: £10.80 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
A Property Services Administrator is required to deliver an excellent day to day core housing repairs service. This includes technical support, receipt and dealing with repair enquiries, requests, complaints, comments, work scheduling and making appointments.
To work with the Senior Property Services Support Officer and the wider Housing and Communities team within the Council to ensure excellence in service to customers, both internal and external is achieved.
- Day to day delivery of core housing repairs service. This includes technical support providing full administrative duties to run operationally the voids, planned maintenance and reactive repairs sections.
- Receipt and deal with repair enquiries, requests, complaints, comments, work scheduling and make appointments.
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and maintaining existing improvements.
- Cooperate and communicate with other Property Services sections to ensure that they are aware of high areas of demand on the repairs service being delivered.
- Communicate effectively with the customer, team members and other stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Carry out basic diagnostic questioning over the phone to establish what repairs is/are required.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety policies for all employees incorporated in the Council’s Manual of Policy, Procedures and Guidance and any relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Assist in ensuring work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety legislation in particular working with asbestos and in adherence to NBBC asbestos management and emergency procedures.
- Ensure that complaints and comments from tenants/members of the public/user groups are appropriately dealt with in accordance with the Council’s policies and procedures.
- Deal with and/or assist the Senior Property Services Support Officer in dealing with enquires from M.Ps, Elected Members, other departments and agencies in relation to the activities of Repairs and Maintenance.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualifications in English Language and Mathematics at NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
- Recent experience of dealing directly with customers, particularly via the telephone.
- Experience in the use of computers systems, including word processing and spreadsheets and data entry.
- Recent experience in undertaking clerical/administrative duties.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to follow prescribed procedures.
- Good planning and personal organisational skills.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise own workload.
- Flexible in approach and able to adopt a positive attitude to changing situations.
- Able to demonstrate resilience and sensitivity in dealing with customers who could be emotional.
- Able to portray a confident and professional image.
- Have an awareness of fairness and diversity and Health & Safety in the work place.
- Able to make decisions within guidelines and challenge where appropriate and relevant..
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.