- Pay Rate:
£27.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- SHEFFORD, Bedfordshire,
Interim SEND Programme Manager – Children’s Service
Reference no: C Bedfordshire RQ843276
Pay rate: £27.06 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 6 months
The SEND service area is responsible for delivering services and support in line with the SEN Code of Practice and Children and Families Act (2014). The post is jointly managed with the Integrated Care Board. The role of SEND Programme Manager is responsible for the delivery of improvement, transformation, and service development projects across SEND.
- Lead on the implementation of the Accelerated Action Plan resulting from the Local Area Inspection, ensuring the programme is resourced sufficiently and delivered on time. Ensure clear communication between all relevant partners from initial project inception to completion.
- Coordinate and manage delivery of the Children and Families Act (2014), through a SEND improvement plan as directed by the SEND Partnership Board.
- Work across health and the local authority to ensure the sustainability of new ways of working and plan and deliver training and development programmes as required and agreed.
- Work to an agreed programme to manage the delivery of new ways of working within agreed budgets.
- Conduct assessments of project complexities, risks and opportunities and produce risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Support the ICB and the Local Authority to achieve improved outcomes for children and young people as well as achieving an improved judgement from statutory regulators.
- Co-produce all elements of the SEND agenda with parents/carers, young people and partner agencies.
- Work with key stakeholders within the project to maintain good communication and engagement helping to remove barriers to change or success.
- Undertake the development of business cases and option appraisals highlighting any areas of risk to the council.
- Be accountable to and report progress on the delivery of SEND improvement to the SEND Executive.
- Be a champion of co-production, ensuring the spirit of co-production is embedded within all policy and procedure developed through the reforms.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of being an effective project and programme manager.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role and remit of other professionals working with children and young people with SEND and their families.
- Knowledge of SEND legislation.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative and regulatory framework for SEND and Government initiatives relating to SEND and working knowledge of related regulations.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals with differing levels of understanding and communication skills.
- Able to produce clear and accurate written communication.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
SEND Programme Manager – Children’s Service
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.