- Pay Rate:
Up to £551.59 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Construction Expert -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00067342 *Re-opened*
Pay Rate: Up to £551.59 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Andover – Hybrid – 3 WFH/2 days travel to sites (Tuesday usually in office at Andover) – Sites locations for travel (Portsmouth/LDN/Birmingham etc) – Southern/Midlands.
Contract Length: 13 Months
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help.
A Construction Expert is needed on a contract basis for approximately 13 months.
Construction technical expertise is needed to support the outputs of a number of developing workstreams and projects.
The evaluation of these outputs will require deep expert knowledge to assure the team, that the products are of suitable quality for adoption by Defence.
The contracted infrastructure expert will need to have a wide-ranging expert skill set and knowledge base in several specialist areas, including Net Zero Carbon, Modern Methods of Construction, whole life construction, asset management, innovation, strategic management, and industry best practice.
This, combined with a good working knowledge and experience of defence and wider Government contacts, will prove extremely valuable in supporting current deliverables.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help
What you’ll do:
- Review, refresh and develop building performance standards and guidance to reflect and align with emergent high-level Government and Defence targets, industry best practice and potential infrastructure innovations.
- Working with internal, external customers and other Government Departments to ensure the team are forward looking in the awareness, involvement, and implementation of strategic government initiatives.
- Accountable for delivery of wide range of projects to support delivery of new innovations, best industry practice, government initiatives and emerging objectives in a range of infrastructure requirements and subsequently undertaking implementation into the team
- Using collaborative planning and proactive stakeholder management to identify and develop new infrastructure delivery products, ways of working and processes to meet innovation targets and business objectives.
- Defining and coordinating Government and Departmental objectives, initiatives, and guidance to give advice and direction to all our customers.
- Providing support to colleagues in cross functional subject areas to support ideas through the Innovation and Value processes.
- Identify areas of innovation that will deliver improved efficiency, capacity, and quality, and implementing these into operations utilising the external technical support providers.
- Deliver project and contract management via several external providers
Who you are:
- Knowledge to assure the team that the products are of suitable quality for adoption by Defence.
- Wide-ranging expert skill set and knowledge base in several specialist areas, including Net Zero Carbon, Modern Methods of Construction, whole life construction, asset management, innovation, strategic management, and industry best practice.
- Good working knowledge and experience wider Government contacts, will prove extremely valuable in supporting current deliverables.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Construction Expert *Re-opened*
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.