- Pay Rate:
£13.16 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Temporary HR Assistant – Human Resources
Reference no: Hackney RQ842834
Pay rate: £13.16 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
An HR Assistant is required to provide an effective administrative role within the Human Resources Team to underpin high quality and efficient services provided to support its customers. To support the delivery of high quality operational Human Resources services to the Directorate’s managers through efficient administration of HR enquiries.
- Support the HR Officer to secure up to date and accurate maintenance of the Human Resource Management Information System (personnel and payroll) and produce statistical and performance management information as required.
- Be the first point of contact in managing basic, general enquiries and related administrative support in respect of employment terms and conditions and administration investigations.
- Ensure all filing and correspondence is managed efficiently in respect of personal files and electronic copy files. This includes the retrieval and return of personal files between the HR Office and the Registry.
- As directed by the HR Officer, undertake mini HR project work to contribute to the development and implementation of Corporate and Directorate human resources initiatives.
- Work with the HR Officer to maintain accuracy at all times.
- Provide IT administration support, this includes proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ensure the promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects Human Resource management and to provide a quality customer focussed service at all times.
- Develop and promote effective and credible working relationships with senior managers and employees.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics.
- Experience and understanding of the process for DBS and Right to Work checks.
- Able to provide simple HR advice.
- Have previously undertaken Right to Work and DBS ID verification.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of using HR information systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to produce simple, clear letters and other similar information for customers and use/create standard letters where appropriate. Letters may contain confidential information.
- Able to set an example in the office environment, encouraging team work and maintaining absolute confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of people.
- Ability to organise own workload to meet targets and deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Self motivated, flexible and resourceful.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR Assistant – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.