- Pay Rate:
£11.09 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- ADDLESTONE, Surrey,
Temporary Estate Caretaker / Warden – Housing Services
Reference no: Runnymede RQ797081
Pay rate: £11.09 per hour PAYE
Role length: This opening assignment is for 2 months
Full driving licence
Able to work outside of office hours including weekends for out of hours service on a rota basis
An Estate Caretaker is required to provide a proactive caretaking service to residents on an estate. Responsibility for communal cleaning, litter picking, waste and recycling coordination, fly tip removal and basic grounds maintenance, working closely with the Area Housing Managers to ensure that the estate and the surrounding areas are being maintained in line with the Councils policies and expectations. The postholder will be required to provide an out of hours service on a rota basis.
- Inspection of all communal areas and completion of checklists for the estate and reporting any repairs, defects or health and safety issues to the Housing Maintenance Team.
- Sweeping and mopping communal stairs and landings and cleaning internal communal windows, window sills, skirtings etc.
- Checking rubbish chutes and bin stores on the estate, including cleaning, unblocking and removing excess rubbish. Rotating bins, maintaining cleanliness and safety in bin stores.
- Addressing contamination of recycling facilities on site and preparation of communal bins and chutes on collection days.
- Litter picking and fly tip removal, including liaison with the DSO for removal of fly tips.
- Complete basic ground maintenance tasks such as weeding, and leaf clearance in communal areas and tendering of any flower beds on site. Inspections of play areas and reporting of health and safety issues and opening and closing of play areas.
- Cleaning lifts, reporting issues with the lifts and liaising with lift engineers.
- Undertake health and safety risk assessments, e.g. trips and slip hazards, and ensure that all communal areas are sterile to maintain fire safety applying relevant procedures to clear items as instructed by the Area Housing Manager or other senior officer.
- Liaison with contractors regards communal repairs and servicing, includes providing access to communal and restricted areas.
- Distributing information to residents, including delivery of letters and maintaining communal notice boards. Practical support to resident-led events.
- Undertake manual handling and low level working at height tasks associated with the job role.
- Use of the estates vehicle to attend locations around the borough to perform duties associated with the post
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent).
Experience & Knowledge:
- Experience of dealing with customers on a face to face basis is important as may be approached by residents during day to day tasks. Must be approachable and understanding whilst managing their expectations.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of dealing with people in difficult situations.
- Experience of using Personal Protective Equipment.
- Experience of cleaning and using cleaning materials.
- Experience of undertaking basic grounds maintenance.
- Basic understanding of COSHH and health and safety legislation.
- Experience of manual handling.
- Experience of working at low heights.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Able to build and sustain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Ability to manage competing demands and prioritise work.
- Ability to listen.
- Ability to use mobile technology e.g. iPads.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to record information on forms.
- Ability to identify risks.
- Good time management and attention to detail skills.
- Able to access all types of property, including climbing stairs.
- Able to undertake lifting and work at low level heights.
- Able to undertake work outside of office hours for contracted overtime and standby duty, including weekdays and weekends.
- Able to drive for work purposes and undertake multiple journeys throughout the working day.
- Full driving licence.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Estate Caretaker / Warden – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.