- Pay Rate:
£12.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- LINCOLN, Lincolnshire,
Temporary Finance Technician x2 - Finance
Reference no: Lincolnshire RQ819515
Pay rate: £12.02 per hour PAYE
Role length: This opening assignment is for 6 months
Two Finance Technicians are required to support Senior Financial Strategy Managers in the provision of financial advice, information and support and to build resilience by providing support to the VAT officer, Treasury Manager, Schools Help desk, capital accountant, financial appraisals, etc.
One position will be based in the Schools Finance Team, and one will be based in the Projects / Technical Team. The role in the Schools Finance Team will involve processing school sickness insurance claims, undertaking budget monitoring tasks, processing journals and assisting with the closure of accounts process.
The role on the Projects / Technical team will involve system support / housekeeping as the Council moves to a new version of Business World (finance software) from April 2023. Knowledge of the Business World system is not essential as full training in that area will be provided.
- Processing school sickness insurance claims, undertaking budget monitoring tasks, processing journals and assisting with the closure of accounts process OR
- System support / housekeeping as the Council moves to a new version of Business World (finance software) from April 2023. Knowledge of the Business World system is not essential as full training in that area will be provided.
- Assist in ensuring that there is effective strategic financial planning and financial management in relation to all revenue and capital budgets. To assist in the coordination and delivery of financial planning for all revenue and capital budgets.
- Providing financial support and advice in support of a specified area of the Council, including in relation to budget setting and monitoring, financial reporting, efficiency savings and value for money.
- Assist Budget Holders and Senior Managers in the development of detailed plans for use of grants and monitoring delivery of those plans, ensuring that grants are fully utilised.
- Assist with the completion of statutory returns.
- Support Budget Holders and Senior Managers on the closure of accounts process ensuring that appropriate end of year adjustments are made to ensure that the Council’s financial statements are accurate.
- Assist with the development, monitoring and reporting of capital expenditure.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Preferably AAT membership, or working towards it.
Experience & Knowledge:
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of principles of financial management, accounting principles and practice.
- Detailed knowledge of Financial Strategy, financial regulations, financial procedures, schemes of authorisation and their rationale within the control framework.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good ICT skills, including corporate finance systems (e.g. Agresso) and Excel essential.
- Ability to work unsupervised (though full training will be provided relating to all aspects of work).
- Ability to work to deadlines is important.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Finance Technician x2 – Finance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.