- Pay Rate:
Up to £417 per day pay range subject to IR35 statu
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 8-9 months
Interim Quantity Surveyor -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00066507
Pay Rate: Up to £417 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Catterick- hybrid- as and when needed - Based in Catterick, travel required to other locations across central region (Scottish borders to Banbury, Wales and Cambridge). Potential to work from any of above locations.
Contract Length: Anticipated 8 - 9 months.
A Quantity Surveyor is needed on a contract basis for approximately 8-9 months.
This role requires establishing efficient and effective working relationships with the Suppliers, site based colleagues and other customers to ensure the best workable pragmatic outcomes are derived and offer value for the property product offered.
The Cost Management team undertake a variety of tasks for RTT and Operational teams within a matrix managed environment. You will work effectively with a wide range of internal and external customers.
What you’ll do:
- Provide guidance to operational teams to influence compliance with organisational policy, legislation and best practice.
- Keep updated on changing legislation and best practice externally, to inform internal priorities and appropriate alignment.
- Contribute to the development of the organisations policies and processes at all levels and monitor and advise on effective implementation in the organisation, in line with targets.
- Participate in projects, providing input to improve ways of working and business efficiency.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with operational stakeholders to understand issues and provide responses for operational needs.
- Coach others on policies, procedures, practices and techniques.
- You will be responsible for collaboratively conforming with all agreed processes and Operating procedures to ensure service provision and delivery of VFM solutions for our customer community to a positive outcome.
- You will provide assurance of service delivery to support statutory compliance of the the estate, provide key customer engagement and feedback on Supplier's performance under Service arrangements including issue resolution.
Who you are:
- Qualifications – certified RICS/degree qualified/CIQB/CIOB
- 2 – 3 years of QS in construction industry
- Strong personality
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.