- Pay Rate:
£147.63 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- ILFORD, Essex,
Interim Programme and Policy Officer – People Programme
Reference no: Redbridge RQ737729
Pay rate: £147.63 per day PAYE
Occasional evening meetings will be required
This role ensures that allocated projects are completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and that everyone tasked within the project are completing their allocated tasks. Delivering a response to the Cost of Living Crisis, this programme requires dedicated programme management support. It will draw together the many initiatives across the Council and the voluntary sector to deliver greater impact for residents. The role will also include policy research support on poverty.
- Deliver a response programme to the Cost of Living crisis, drawing together various initiatives to deliver a greater impact for residents.
- Policy research support on poverty.
- Implement consistent governance standards across the project allocated, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of project deliverables.
- Ensure robust, project controls are in place and are managed.
- Manage project level Lessons Learned; attend Post Project Review meetings to identify key areas of improvement to be captured into the Lessons Learnt repository.
- Manage the project level risks and issues register.
- Develop, own and implement the project plan, seeking contributions from key stakeholders.
- Prepare and present consolidated material from project reports for monthly updates.
- Develop and communicate clear and actionable deliverables, or activities to be completed.
- Create Business Cases (scope, goals, deliverables, costs, timescales, plans, dependencies, resource requirements and milestones).
- Develop, own and agree Project Initiation.
- Co-ordinate the publication, review and sign-off of Project Management deliverables.
- Ensure project plans are created and maintained, deliverables tracked against time and cost, and resource utilisation is monitored.
- Matrix Management of Project Support (numbers are project dependent anywhere up to 10 Project Support Officers).
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Prince 2 Project Management Certification desirable.
- Agile Project Management Certification desirable.
- Appropriate Business Analysis qualification or experience.
- Experience of working within a structured project management framework with Programme/Project/Change management experience, ideally within the local authority/public sector.
- Cross Cutting Project Management experience.
- Experience of managing projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle.
- Experience of managing budgets, contracts and other resources.
- Experience of using MS Project.
- Experience in delivering large scale customer orientated redesign in line with associated strategy.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of project management tools, methodologies and techniques.
- Confident in engaging at all levels of an organisation (internal and external).
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt to different challenges.
- Able to manage a heavy workload and deal simultaneously with a range of tasks, activities and projects.
- A strong leader with energy and credibility, able to motivate a large diverse set of teams, achieving objectives and delivering consistent performance at the highest level.
- Able to present complex issues to and communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Ability to interpret source information and present it in a way that enables decisions for senior officers.
- Ability to understand and interpret risks and issues, prioritising those for review.
- Ability to build project and programme plans from source data.
- Ability to manage and interpret complex implementation budgets.
- Attendance at Committees and public meetings as required as will occasional evening meetings.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Programme and Policy Officer – People Programme
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.