- Pay Rate:
£18.27 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- EALING, London,
Temporary Highways Inspector - Engineering and Surveying
Reference no: Ealing 6694-1
Pay rate: £18.27 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
Site based role with occasional visits to the office
Car driver with valid license, insurance and vehicle or ability to travel throughout the Borough
A Highways Inspector is required to inspect and ensure that the public highway is maintained in a safe condition in accordance with council policy and standards.
- Compile reports for the council’s insurers arising from accident claims against the Highway Authority. To report any matter relevant to the work of the group to the appropriate officer.
- Inspect the public highways in accordance with a set timetable to ensure they are maintained to the standards set down by the council.
- Maintain accurate and accessible records of all such inspections and respond to public and internal reports and complaints about highway defects, including visiting site to ascertain whether repairs are needed, and to log this in the required format.
- Prepare and issue orders for repairs, check that such repairs meet the appropriate specification and that invoices submitted by contractors may be paid.
- Undertake written and verbal correspondence relevant to the post and identify and report to other sections in the council areas of general or major deterioration and non highway defects which may require more than localised repair.
- Inspect sites where complaints or claims against the council have been received from members of the public.
- Carry out joint site visits with public liability claimants, write reports and if required, make a legal statement and appear as a witness for the council in court if any legal proceedings take place.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Recent experience and in-depth knowledge of Highway Safety inspections.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather and walk long distances on a daily basis.
- Car driver with valid license, insurance and able to use own vehicle or ability to travel throughout the Borough.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Highways Inspector - Engineering and Surveying
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.