- Pay Rate:
Up to £15.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- SWINDON, Wiltshire,
Temporary HR Administrator – Human Resources
Reference no: Swindon RQ847379
Pay rate: Up to £15.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 3 months
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received
Hybrid role – must be in the office every Wednesday and also on an ad-hoc basis
An experienced Administrator is required to support the HR Amin Team, preferably with experience of working within an HR function. To act as first point of contact for HR queries on a wide range of Council employee’s pay, terms and conditions of employment and benefits. Responsible for receiving and resolving enquiries through phone calls and email and processing employee information, including starters and leavers, and amendments, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of data input onto the HR and Payroll system.
- Process employee information, including starters and leavers, and amendments, ensuring the integrity and accuracy of data input onto the HR and Payroll system.
- Take responsibility for a wide range of HR administration including, but not limited to statutory maternity letters, childcare vouchers.
- First point of contact for HR queries on a wide range of employee’s pay, terms and conditions of employment and benefits. Responsible for receiving and resolving enquiries through phone calls and email.
- Process all starters and leavers, assisting with full process when required. Conduct weekly authorisation checks for employees’ contractual changes, relating to pay terms and conditions and grade, liaising with HR colleagues as required.
- Process invoices and complete payment processing for finance on a monthly basis.
- DBS renewal tracking and monitoring on a quarterly basis.
- Monthly monitoring of secondments, fixed term contracts, honorariums and acting up end dates, to ensure audit compliance is correct and the authorisation process is being followed.
- Employee references, work permit and mortgage references upon request. Advise on right to work process, monitor and check all expiries on a monthly basis.
- Monthly retention payments to check eligibility, providing any data to senior HR advisors.
- Develop a wide understanding of terms and conditions, pay scales and benefits, giving accurate advice and support. Ensure that all advice is carried out in accordance within employment legislation requirements and HR policies.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NVQ 3 or equivalent experience.
- Experienced HR administrator with a wide working knowledge of policies, codes of practice and employment legislation desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Confident in giving accurate and timely advice on a range of HR queries.
- A good communicator and able to build and develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to deliver service excellence, handle and resolve complaints and deal with difficult customers.
- Able to work constructively as a team, understanding the roles and responsibilities and willingness to support others.
- Ability to manage a varied workload and demonstrate an ability to prioritise and meet regular deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn new tasks.
- Able to identify, based on knowledge and experience, when to escalate information and queries to minimise the risk of breaching legislation or policy.
- Solution focussed with ability to solve problems.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
HR Administrator – Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.