- Pay Rate:
£13.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Direct Payments Officer / Admin
Reference no: WNC TCL (HQ) 14478
Pay rate: £13.59 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Office based role
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
A Direct Payments Officer is required to provide an effective, customer focused support service to direct payment service users and Adult Social Care colleagues through effective use of systems and processes to deliver an efficient service. To be a key contact for colleagues and service users for queries and manage more complex issues when required. To ensure an integrated approach to Direct Payments for Financial Operations through assisting with the implementation of new technologies, methodologies and processes that meet the needs of service users, customers and client organisation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of business processes to support Senior Officers and Team Leaders.
- Assist, coach, and mentor less experience colleagues in the performance of routine tasks to support the achievement of individual colleagues and team performance and development objectives.
- Arrange all aspects of internal, inter-agency and inter-departmental meetings as requested and minute meetings as required whilst maintaining a high degree of confidentiality for all information handled.
- Maintain information technology and office systems to ensure effective services including Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Teams etc.
- Provide an efficient and confidential support service to Senior Managers.
- Handle a wide range of more detailed queries including correspondence referred by colleagues and partners and provide a point of contact for staff within the division.
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement personal diary and meeting schedules to ensure that business is completed within service standards and meets business requirements.
- Initiate and build good working relationships with colleagues and other professionals.
- Gather data and financial information relating to the work area to support in the production of management reports and information on service performance to meet service area requirements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Good all-round education to GCSE standard including Grade C or above in English & Maths.
- NVQ Level II/III in Business, Finance or similar desirable.
Experience & Knowledge:
- A proven track record of delivering financial processing or similar work to deadlines.
- Understanding of the implications of Data Protection legislation.
- Experience of operating computerised financial and information systems.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of word processing; maintaining and recording on spreadsheets; using outlook and other automated systems to communicate/plan with colleagues.
- Experience of liaising directly with customers and working in a busy office environment.
- Some knowledge of Social Care Case Management Systems: Eclipse & CareFirst desirable.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good organisational and administration skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload
- High level of literacy and numeracy.
- Minute taking skills and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to demonstrate a flexible and creative approach to problem solving.
- Good negotiation and mediation skills.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
- Capacity to maintain confidentiality.
- Accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to receive and pass on information effectively and accurately.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to be able to liaise effectively with external agencies, care providers, service users and carers.
- The ability to travel effectively to different locations throughout the County.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Direct Payments Officer / Admin
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.