- Pay Rate:
Up to £665 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim IT Change Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00065725
Pay Rate: Up to £665 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hereford – 4 days per week in office, 1 day from home
A Business Change Manager is needed on a contract basis for a stand-alone enterprise-wide military IT system, responsible for leveraging increases in efficiency, effectiveness and efficacy as a result of the implementation of IT change projects.
Strong analytical skills and excellent stakeholder engagement skills are required in order to understand the operational and development needs and help to prepare, implement and realise the benefits of business change.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help.
- Experience of delivering business change in relation to IT
- Experience within Scrum/Agile environments
- Experience with DevOps also desirable
What you’ll do:
- Understand the Business Change requirement.
- Develop a business change plan with various key customer stakeholders as well as requirements Managers, and SPISN Design, Develop and Operate Teams.
- Develop an implementation plan with the Training Manager
- Develop changes to business rules, procedures and policies to leverage and exploit the value delivered by the IT system change projects.
- Ability to use data and research to determine the best change approach and ensure the delivery, including planning and deployment of change considers the needs of and demands on the user.
- Undertake user research to understand areas of challenge and father insights and knowledge to influence and inform decisions and project delivery.
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills in order to understand and manage stakeholder requirements and expectations.
- Develop and deliver key business change including impact assessment, stakeholder engagement, communications, implementation, end user support, benefits realisation and BAU transition
- Strong working relationship with design authority, project managers and training manager to successfully plan for and delivery change.
- Work with other teams to understand any interdependencies between projects
Who you are:
- Strong analytical skills and excellent stakeholder engagement skills are required in order to understand the operational and development needs and help to prepare, implement and realise the benefits of business change.
- Experience of leading significant change management
- Demonstrable experience of working on a classified strategic Command and Control system in a Military context.
- Experience working in SCRUM/Agile Environments
- Excellent stakeholder engagement
- Strong communication skills verbal and written.
- Knowledge or experience of DevOps pipelines, specifically DevOps pipeline implementation change management
- Qualifications in IT Service Management i.e. ITIL v4 - desirable
- Qualifications in Microsoft IT Server and associated Microsoft Server Applications and Microsoft technology stack - desirable
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
IT Change Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.