- Pay Rate:
£17.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 10-11 months
- ROCHDALE, Lancashire,
Temporary Building Surveyor – Property Services
Reference no: Rochdale 0007 0351 / 1
Pay rate: £17.01 per hour PAYE
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation
Requirement to attend evening meetings and work outside normal hours on occasions
Car driver with valid license and insurance or ability to travel within a 5 mile radius of Rochdale town centre
A Building Surveyor is required to undertake and carry out all types of Building Surveys including condition, dilapidation, bespoke, and whole life cycle costing and to manage post survey construction works from tender production to execution and completion of works on site . To assist the Lead/Principal Building Surveyors to deliver high quality services with specific responsibilities for Building surveying section of Property Services.
To carry out condition surveys of schools and corporate buildings. It would be an advantage if candidates can amend AutoCAD floor plans in connection with carrying out the condition surveys. Condition surveys are input via a hand held device using the Tech Forge software system.
- Provide a fast, efficient and cost effective planned and reactive contract works service including all surveys.
- Provide technical advice/assistance, information and guidance on any issues relating to the definition of client needs and requirements within the function of planned maintenance and contract works. Assist in the provision of technical advice, information and guidance on any issues relating to the definition of client needs and requirements.
- Evaluate the effects of, report on and adjust contract specifications to accommodate any changes in or variations to the needs and requirements of the client.
- Supervise contracts and monitor progress as well as maintain quality control and cost control standards in the implementation of all work relating to planned maintenance and contract works.
- Provide assistance to the Lead Building Surveyor and Principal Building Surveyor with the development and control of work programmes and appropriate performance indicators.
- Maintain and monitor safe and responsible working methods in accordance with legal requirements, complete risk assessments and ensure safe methods of working are in place.
- Undertake all types of building surveys, Whole life Cycle costing, including measured surveys, determine maintenance / work / inspection programmes, management programmes and assist in the preparation of comprehensive written reports.
- Assist in the planning and programming of annual cycles of work, surveys and work programmes including costing of same.
- Assist in monitoring budgets including those budgets allocated to the post holder.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of undertaking different types of building surveys - (WLCC, Condition, Dilapidation).
- Ability to produce Auto Cad Plans, elevations and cross sections building and structures.
- Experience of planned/reactive and maintenance works contracts.
- Experience of supervising, administrating and monitoring of contracts /contract administration and evaluating contractor performance.
- Experience of assisting in monitoring budgets and developing and controlling work programmes.
- Experience of managing large multi- discipline construction projects including new build, extensions and refurbishments.
- Ability and experience of carrying out Fire Risk Assessments for schools and public buildings desirable.
- Ability to complete job related risk assessments and interpret and action risk assessments and method statements from contractors.
- Most hold a Full UK driving licence and be able to attend meetings in the evenings and work outside normal working hours if required.
- Ability to works at heights and confined spaces – cellars and attics.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Knowledge of current building regulations.
- Knowledge of different types of building surveys.
- Knowledge of the Approved Document M1, Health & Safety Legislation and Project Management.
- Knowledge of construction and building surveying/ condition surveys Building Regulation 7 CDM Regulation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Building Surveyor – Property Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.