- Pay Rate:
Up to £484.94 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 9 months
Interim Senior Commercial Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR1JP00059327
Pay Rate: Up to £484.94 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Base: Portsmouth – Hybrid (2 days a week on site, flexible. – Induction & kit collection on site) Client may reduce hybrid working if candidate does hit the ground running, but may still have to visit for meetings and IT issues.
The commercial team is responsible for delivering commercial solutions to meet customer requirements for goods and services across a wide customer base and of varied complexity to ensure the organisation continues to meet its operational objectives in the UK and Overseas.
Key responsibilities are to manage major contracts, drive income generation and lead on business management activities for the function.
- The main duties include the identification of the optimum route to market and support to customers in the initial development of their specification and outcomes.
- Advising customers on possible routes to market and shaping of requirements
- Conduct of competitions including all associated actions to ensure compliance with all policy
- Sourcing/Contract Management:
- The main duties include the administration and management of competitions and contracts, including issue of ITT’s and the preparation of contractual documents for line management consideration.
- Leading or participating in Contract Management or project meetings.
- Oversight of key commercial artefacts inc procurement and commercial strategies
- Negotiating contract changes
- Undertaking assurance
- Management of staff
- Experience working on large programmes / CCS framework
- Experience in the commercial space and ability to work within the sourcing scope
- Strong stakeholder management / Supplier management
- Be able to demonstrate personal leadership of all elements of procurement and commercial lifecycle
- CIPS desirable
- Security Clearance required
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance required
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Commercial Manager - Procurement
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.