- Pay Rate:
Up to £350 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 3 months
Interim Associate Infrastructure Engineer – PSR 1JP00059960
Pay Rate: Up to £350 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Remote with occasional traveling when required
Good window experience / Exchange experience (Creating email account) /Helpdesk experience - essential for this role.
- Support the continuous monitor and operate HSE hosted technologies (on-premise, PaaS and IaaS), ensuring technologies remain available 24/7/365, performant to SLAs/OLAs, and delivering a good user and customer experience
- Support the proactive identification and resolution of infrastructure issues before they impact the user/customer
- Support the delivery of Incident Management, diagnosing the root causes of incidents, developing work arounds and fixes, to return infrastructure and users to an operational condition
- Support the routine practice and test DR and ITSCM routines to maintain confidence in the resilience of hosted systems.
- Support the implementation of upgrades and patches to technologies, keeping them at N or N-1 states, coordinating change activity, engaging with users and ensuring that upgrades are understood and appropriate.
- Assist in the documentation all technologies, including restoration priorities, power-down routines and installation sequencing. Maintain the accuracy of documentation to reflect changes.
- Assist in the maintenance all hosted infrastructure records in a secure configuration management database with an accurate record of technology assets, by serial number, age and lifecycle refresh point
- Ensure the security of technologies and the IT estate, defending against cyber-arrack, preventing unauthorised access, unauthorised data exchange and data-loss
- Maintain the highest standards of user and customer focus, ensuring that services are delivery to user/customer satisfaction and endeavour to routinely communicate with users/customers to promote, confidence that incidents and problems are being tackled.
- Ensure that technologies are routinely backed up and copies of all data and applications securely maintained.
- Good window experience / Exchange experience (Creating email account) /Helpdesk experience
- Able to support the in user administration activities.
- Experience of troubleshooting problems and using server/client certificates.
- Experience with managing major incidents and providing 2nd line support.
- Maintain knowledge of Microsoft, Linux and VMware server technologies.
- Security Clearance: Active SC Clearance Only
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance Required
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Helpdesk /Associate Infrastructure Engineer - Remote
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.