- Pay Rate:
Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 4 months
Interim IT Incident/ Event (ITAL) Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00066025
Pay Rate: Up to £400 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid – 1 or 2 days a week in either York, Leeds or Bootle (Liverpool)
An Interim IT Incident/Event (ITIL) Manager is required on a contract basis for approximately 4 months.
It is essential that you have experience of IT Software monitoring tools but specifically PRTG.
Existing security clearance is not a prerequisite but will always help.
- Deputise for the Major Incident Manager and support the incident and major incident management processes
- Manage the lifecycle of an Event from detection, through formal investigation and resolution/remediation.
- Develop and utilise the suite of monitoring and management tools that will alert/report when an Event has occurred
- Coordinate and determine with 1st, 2nd and 3rd Line technical teams which events to investigate and corrective action that may need to be taken.
- Establish any alerting thresholds in the technology infrastructure that can provide adequate warning of an impending Incident and/or Problem
- Develop any filtering that can remove extraneous events from consideration
- Develop trend reports that can inform Incident Management, Problem Management, Availability Management and Capacity Management processes.
- Coordinate with Security Operations Centre actions required a consequence of alert from a security appliance or behavioural analytics.
- Manage the investigation and analysis of an Event
- Prioritise the work of technical teams to analyse and take corrective action on an Event
- Support the Incident Management (Corrective Maintenance) process, diagnosing the root causes of incidents, developing work arounds and fixes, to return applications and users to an operational condition
- Experience of IT Software monitoring tools but specifically PRTG.
- Level 3 Service Management framework qualification
- Proven experience of managing IT events
- Proven experience of the Incident and Problem Management processes
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and experience with PRTG, ServiceNow and Splunk - desirable
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
IT / ITIL Incident Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.