- Pay Rate:
Up to £280 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
14 (2 days a week)
Anticipated 12 months
Role: Project Planner – PART TIME
Contract Length: Anticipated 12 months.
Hours: Approx. 14 hours per week - Part-time 2 days per week
Location: Reading – onsite as and when required
Pay Rate: Up to £280 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Our client is looking to hire a Project Planner, on a part-time basis (2 days per week), for approximately 12 months.
- Experience in managing and maintaining project schedules
- Experience using MS projects
- Desirable defence/nuclear background
- Develop and maintain project schedules using industry-standard programming/scheduling software such as MS Project and MS Excel.
- Collaborate with project managers and stakeholders to understand project requirements, objectives, and constraints, ensuring alignment with resource availability.
- Utilise scheduling software to create detailed project schedules, including task sequencing, dependencies, durations, and resource assignments.
- Monitor and track project progress, regularly updating schedules to reflect actual progress and identifying any deviations or delays.
- Conduct resource planning and allocation, ensuring optimal utilisation of resources.
- Collaborate with project teams to identify critical paths, potential bottlenecks, and areas of resource conflicts, proposing solutions to mitigate risks and optimise project timelines.
- Generate reports and visualisations from scheduling software to communicate project status, critical milestones, and resource allocation to stakeholders.
- Continuously evaluate and refine project schedules, considering changing priorities, scope adjustments, and resource availability.
- Conduct what-if scenarios and simulations to assess the impact of changes, delays, or resource constraints on project schedules.
- Facilitate schedule review meetings and discussions with project teams, stakeholders, and management, addressing schedule-related issues and proposing solutions.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: DV highly desirable; candidates with active DV clearance will be fast-tracked.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will be put forward for the ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Planner – PART TIME
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.