- Pay Rate:
£14.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4-5 months
- SOUTHWARK, London,
Temporary Technical Quality Officer x4 - Housing
Reference no: Southwark 5222022
Pay rate: £14.50 per hour PAYE
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The team require a technical inspector to work in the damp and mould team. To undertake inspections, holistically looking at the causes of damp without blame being placed on the resident. To then raise works as required which are carried out in house. Must have technical inspection experience.
- Inspect, specify and analyse repairs required to rectify a range of defects (including major defects), aiming to carry out cost effective repairs and repair programmes. This includes the production of detailed specifications.
- Undertake scheduled post inspections in accordance with contract management targets, recommending appropriate remedial action to the contractor to ensure the service provided meets the required contract standard.
- Ensure contractor sanctions for service failures are correctly applied in accordance with contract requirements.
- Contribute towards continuous contractor performance improvement by escalating consistent contractor failures, providing technical recommendations for service improvement, management and control of costs agreeing any necessary unforeseen extras as promptly as possible.
- Procure specialist contractors for the supply of services in accordance with procurement requirements to include preparation of specifications, contracts, tenant and formal leasehold consultation as appropriate.
- Manage and monitor service and maintenance contracts to ensure compliance to Council requirements, as well as health & safety legislation and protocols on all sites where repairs and maintenance is being undertaken. Also, provide technical support in the repair and maintenance management of common areas to address health & safety issues and enhance their aesthetic appeal.
- Respond to and resolve customer problems, including preparation of condition survey reports and agreement of action plans with contractors and consultants as required.
- Undertake regular equipment inspections, including playground equipment, for health and safety and statutory compliance, including notification of defects and health and safety issues, maintaining appropriate records and arranging for remedial repairs.
- Act as party wall surveyors under the Party Wall Act and act as Planning Supervisors on projects undertaken on the repairs contract.
- Attend Tenants and Resident Association and Area meetings/inspections, as directed.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- HNC Building studies or equivalent, or be working towards that qualification or have extensive appropriate experience.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Technical inspection experience is essential.
- Understanding of issues around the delivery of maintenance contracts in an urban environment.
- Understanding of construction and maintenance related contracts.
- An understanding of relevant legislation and codes of practice, H&S (building regulations), fire (means of escape) etc.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Understanding of landlord/tenant matters, leaseholder consultation requirements and contract dispute and resolution.
- Experience of dealing with the public, resolving queries/problems or giving advice.
- Experience in diagnosing complex building defects and producing specifications for repair.
- Experience of managing contractors in a repairs environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people.
- Able to effectively plan and organise a wide and challenging workload.
- Able to create and maintain effective working relationships.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Technical Quality Officer x4 - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.