- Pay Rate:
Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Lead Service Designer -Remote Working - PSR 1JP00041571
Pay Rate: Up to £600 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
This role is currently remote working.
- To support the development and execution of user-led service design across a range of products and services.
- To help users complete their goals across a variety of outlets including policy or health systems
- To support team to ensure the user is at the heart of the project and to support effective delivery.
- To ensure quality, innovation and creativity in all aspects of service design as part of product delivery
- As an experienced practitioner, you'll also identify and bring inspiration and best practices from the service design community to shape and improve the work
- Identify and build strong relationships with stakeholders across large-scale and high-profile projects, influencing and collaborating with them to improve the user experience
- Create and improve user-centred services efficiently and to a high standard
- Review and provide direction on the work of other service designers and user researchers
- Develop a strategic view across a range of products, focusing on the end experience for all users
- Manage relationships between your team and others to ensure consistency and share good practice
- Focus relentlessly on the user need, and ensure every aspect of product development is user-centric and evidence-based
- Develop the strategy for new or existing services to meet user needs, based on evidence gathered from a variety of existing and new sources, including first-hand lived experience data
- Work with the Head of User Centred Design Operations in team development and recruitment.
- Work with Policy, Clinical Product Owners, other team Service Designers and User Researchers to understand service requirements and integration across our services
- This is a leadership role, you should be an expert practitioner who influences and mentors others
- Experienced in user-cantered design, with ability to advocate for the most effective channels for each challenge
- Able to create and improve design patterns and services, from a user-centred perspective
- Ability for iterating products and services from an MVP to a fully rounded and accessible offering
- Experience of building relationships with stakeholders and users to understand their goals and needs and working with them in a collaborative and co-creative fashion
- Previous experience of agile working.
- Significant experience of service design within either a central government ministry, health or social care setting
- Experience with working with constraints and ability to identify, challenge, and adhere to them.
- Knowledge of best practices in service design.
- A confident communicator, able to persuade, negotiate, influence, network and collaborate
- Good time management and the ability to work without supervision
- Ability to get to the heart of an issue, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Interim Lead Service Designer - Remote Working
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.