- Pay Rate:
£12.35 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WOOLWICH, London,
Temporary Administrator – Children’s Services
Reference no: Greenwich RQ790109
Pay rate: £12.35 per hour PAYE
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
The Team requires an experienced administrator to provide administrative support to frontline staff carrying out such duties that are required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the service, including distribution of mail and being the first point of contact (either by telephone, email or face to face).
- Deal sensitively with all enquires, assessing needs and providing the most appropriate response including advice and guidance, signposting to other sources of help and involving other internal and external professionals as necessary.
- Lead on the tracking of data and collecting, collating, scrutinising, interpreting and producing outputs and be responsible for implementing follow up actions and distributing information.
- Be responsible for the accurate complex calculations of payments to all agencies and service users and ensure all purchase orders are created on the system accurately against the child’s record such as petty cash, placements and any invoices from agencies.
- Undertake minutes of meetings to a high level of standards. This may include sending invites and distribution of any documentations.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to a wide range of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own direction.
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- Good time management skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Administrator – Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.