- Pay Rate:
£15.64 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- HACKNEY, London,
Temporary Environmental Administrator – Climate & Homes
Reference no: Hackney RQ773493
Pay rate: £15.64 per hour PAYE
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
An experienced Environmental Administrator is required to be responsible for providing a full range of administrative duties for the operational management team within Environmental Operations, ensuring that the service provided is customer focused, efficient and effective.
The Administrator will be part of a team providing administrative support covering the range of services provided by Environmental Operations namely Refuse, Recycling, Street Cleansing, Estate Cleaning, and the Waste Transfer Station. To assist with the collection and recording of key data relating to service provision and provide the liaison link between other Council departments and operations. A significant part of this role will be reacting to service complaints, which will involve allocating the complaint to the correct service, collating and chasing responses, and writing complaint responses.
- Maintain performance management systems in respect of customer communication (manual and electronic), post, telephone calls/messages, including typing, filing (electronic and paper) and giving advice to service users.
- Reacting to service complaints, which will involve allocating the complaint to the correct service, collating and chasing responses, and writing complaint responses.
- Responsible for the maintenance of records and documents and the production of statistical and monitoring reports.
- Ensure operational paperwork is up to date and provided to crews daily to ensure smooth running of service areas, to agreed deadlines.
- Liaise on a daily basis with managers and colleagues in order to assess workload and set priorities.
- Provide administrative support to managers, including drafting correspondence, assisting with facilities management, servicing and minuting meetings.
- Accurately process customer service requests and complaints, maintaining a high standard of service delivery.
- Responsible for managing own workload, including document production, data management, and other administration support given in order to provide an efficient and responsive service.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Previous experience in a complaints role is highly desirable.
- Experience of providing a full range of administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of providing written communication to the public, ideally in a complaints type role.
- Experience of dealing with difficult customers.
- Articulate, organised and hard-working.
- Ability to work unsupervised and plan own workload, and to ensure all follow up actions are taken by the end of the working day.
- Ability to work under pressure and to changing deadlines in a busy environment.
- Able to work to agreed quality standards, work effectively with members of the public and to resolve contentious issues within agreed frameworks.
- Ability to communicate with a wide cross section of service users – including customers and internal/external stakeholders. To have the ability to provide accurate advice to customers on services.
- Ability to investigate complaints and inquiries and to draft various documentation including letters responding to customer queries.
- Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role.
- Evidence of consistent accuracy in relation to repetitive work which requires good written and analytical skills.
- Ability to produce spreadsheets and detailed reports for managers.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Environmental Administrator – Climate & Homes
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.