- Pay Rate:
Up to £175 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
- Milton Keynes
Interim Contract Assistant- Procurement/Data Analysis -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00062093
Pay Rate: Up to £175 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Monday to Friday – 35 hours per week – Milton Keynes
- Support the management of supply chain contracts/Procurement to achieve the most cost-effective delivery of goods and services.
- Collate data on all transactions incurred in delivering contracts. Investigate and reconcile transactions and costs as part of an end-to-end process
- Develop effective relationships with customers and suppliers
- Develop and maintain processes for effective query resolution
- Support the team as required, to deliver a comprehensive service to the business areas.
- Provide data, analysis and commentary for management reports.
- Assist in supporting the timely collection of business unit commercial information and payment of business unit creditors.
- Assist in identification and implementation of quality and efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Data analysis experience - essential
- MS Office skills
- Able to organise & prioritise
- ability to attend business review meetings with suppliers and take minutes (may be at other offices – train travel or car hire will be provided)
- Some knowledge/experience of rail industry or manufacturing companies, supply chain, distribution
- Punctual – essential
- Able to manipulate data in Excel – essential (pivot tables, create pivot graphs for reporting purposes and use IF statements)
- Aware of current economic trends/able to recognise current news/trends – must be commercially aware
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and mandated processes with a high level of accuracy
- Good administration and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good commercial awareness
- A customer focussed approach
- Railway knowledge
- Awareness of supply chain processes
- Experience within a customer service role
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Contract Assistant/Data Analysis
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.