- Pay Rate:
up to £17.84 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month (tbc)
Temporary Procurement Officer
Job Ref: Sussex P TCL346910
Pay Rate: up to £17.84 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Temp to perm is very likely for this role
To aggregate expenditure, let, monitor and report upon the status of all service/business contracts held and managed by the Joint Procurement Service on behalf of the Authorities. In carrying out this responsibility, to co-ordinate the collection, analysis and reporting of relevant key data required in measuring performance against required contractual outcome. To establish relationships with key department leads to ensure that contracting needs are identified and strategies in place to meet business objectives. To implement national/regional contracting initiatives and represent the interests of the Forces at national/regional level for their commodity areas
- To ensure that all tenders/competition processes are completed in accordance with both local (Contract Standing Orders) and UK Procurement Legislation.
- Responsible for accruing and assimilating records to create management information that will both ensure continuous improvement in the Forces’ current activity and highlight future procurement opportunities.
- Implement and maintain efficient and effective working procedures within the Procurement Section to cover all aspects of the day to day procurement activity and tasks.
- Devise and prepare contract documentation for high value, complex portfolio of goods and services in consultation with internal stakeholders, ensuring needs are understood and that functionality and performance are effective.
- Establish category strategies with key stakeholders to ensure that a sustainable commercial strategy is in place. This will take into consideration savings forecasting, collaboration routes, whole supply chain risks and ethical procurement.
- Lead project groups through tenders and ensuring that strong specifications, clear evaluation processes and contract management structures are put in place to assure best value is achieved.
- Prepare and submit detailed recommendations for contract award to Senior Officers in both or either Forces.
- Prepare financial analysis and forecasts of future and current expenditure on contracts to ensure costs and savings are within the proposed budgetary constraints and commercial risks are identified.
- Ensure contracts for new services are properly authorised and the relevant documentation is completed and filed – both hard copy and electronic in SharePoint.
- Under direction, participate in face to face contract negotiation with suppliers to ensure best value is achieved
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to O Level/GCSE or equivalent
- Has an understanding of how to escalate issues and present in a concise manner to senior managers
- Commercial awareness that demonstrates an understanding of how markets operates, motivators for suppliers, cost construction and negotiation principles (desirable)
- Public sector procurement experience
- Experience of financial analysis, evaluations, benchmarking (desirable)
- Experience of preparing reports and reviewing for accuracy (desirable)
- Strong persuasion skills that ensure credibility, provide confidence in the individual and bring many stakeholders together into operational teams
- Strong organisational skills for setting own workplans and timetables for projects (desirable)
- Strong persuasion skills that ensure credibility and provide confidence in the individual
- Strong analytical skills
- Good stakeholder engagement skills that enable them to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Attention to detail
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Procurement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.