- Pay Rate:
Up to £735 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Senior Programme Manager/ Project Manager -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00060926
Pay Rate: Up to £735 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Flexible, can be home working, or London, there are hubs across the country: Brighton, Liverpool, Stafford, Manchester, Belfast, or Bristol.
- Identify and deploy recognised and appropriate programme/project management techniques to shape the delivery of the programme, co-ordinate all projects and drive progress
- Establish, develop and deliver against the programme plan including timelines, quality and costs, monitoring and supporting detailed project planning with all teams, ensuring that timelines are realistic and adhered to
- Manage the programme budget (£20M), monitoring expenditure and costs, producing forecasts and co-ordinating financial returns.
- Develop effective communication and working relationships with all relevant organisations and individuals, both internally and externally, in order to ensure the successful delivery of programme and project outcomes and support the senior management team with wider engagement.
- Manage an effective reporting regime and governance for the programme, including the co-ordination, creation and presentation of progress reports
- Support the Programme Director and Senior Responsible Officer with the planning and administration of senior governance boards and briefings
- Participate in strategic decision making for the programme via membership of the programme SLT
- Manage the Delivery Team (line management of at least 1 member of staff) offering expert guidance and leadership to ensure that central programme support is provided to all teams
- Ensure the effective management of risks and issues within the programme, including assisting project managers with maintaining risks and issues logs, effectively resolving issues and ensuring the appropriate escalation of uncontrolled risks.
- Produce programme related documentation as necessary and ensure that these are reviewed and updated at regular intervals
- Assist in the development of benefits realisations plans for all projects in collaboration with the evaluation team
- Identify, highlight and manage the internal and external dependencies across the programme
- PRINCE2 and MSP qualified (or hold a similar qualification)
- Experience of successful programme management at a senior level in a complex organisational environment
- A good understanding of financial management and budgetary control
- Ability to build positive and constructive collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and staff, including those at a senior level, bringing them together to coordinate activity and resources to achieve outcomes.
- An expert understanding of risk management in relation to programme and project management
- A flexible approach and a willingness to embrace and promote new ways of working
- An ability to deliver through positive interaction with project/programme team members
- Impactful influencing skills with the ability to drive action fast
- A proactive approach that minimises the burden on direction from senior managers
- Strong planning, and organisational skills
- Familiar and comfortable working in a hybrid waterfall-agile environment and comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Demonstrates a flexible and innovative approach to problem solving
- Experience working within government programme delivery would be an advantage
- Security Clearance: BPSS (Basic Disclosure)
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Programme Manager - Project Manager
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.