- Pay Rate:
Up to £645 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Senior Data Engineer - Remote Working – PSR 1JP00060274
Pay Rate: Up to £645 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Hybrid between Home / Office. Can be based in Scotland, York, London, Manchester – 2 days a week but not enforced. Most of the team are London based. (Office 2 x a month is minimum).
Contract Length: End of Jan 2023 Likely to be extended, for the right
An Interim Senior Data Engineer is needed to join the development of an exciting program that aims to address fraud costs to the organisation through the utilisation of big data and analytics.
We are in the process of migrating to Azure and you will be tasked with designing and implementing a data model in our new Azure environment, engaging with customers and third-party providers (incl. Quantexa) to ensure the proposed data model meets all requirements.
- To work in the Data Analytics Service Team as a Lead Data Engineer.
- To form a crucial part of the evolution of the program by leading on the design and implementation of a data model to support the programme.
- To review, document and streamline current datasets and processes to integrate systems and bring multiple data sources together for analysis.
- Proven big data experience (at least 3-5 years’ experience);
- Strong coding background in Python or similar and strong SQL skills;
- Domain knowledge of all Azure architecture and experience using Azure tooling;
- Expertise in Data Modelling;
- Experience in building data pipelines (ETL and/or analytical pipelines);
- Experience in cleansing, managing and transforming high volume data;
- Senior stakeholder management skills including the ability to manage a diverse set of stakeholders and to prioritize needs;
- Experience in fraud software deployment; and configuration of fraud detection tools and/or analytics platforms (desirable);
- Experience in fraud, compliance or financial crime (desirable).
- Security Clearance: SC is required for this role.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
- Security Clearance is required for this role
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Senior Data Engineer - Data Analytics
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.