- Pay Rate:
Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 12 months
Interim Security Assurance Manager/ Risk Manager -Remote Working – PSR1JP00054838
Pay Rate: Up to £500 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
Remote Working - Although this role is based in Didcot, Oxfordshire, working from home is acceptable for this role.
This newly created role is responsible for planning, supporting and coordinating the necessary actions to assure all aspects of Physical Security and Personnel Security at the site.
This role has both an internal and external focus and will entail reviewing Physical/Personnel Security Policy of the waste management of radioactive material and Procedures in order to meet the necessary requirements of the Office for Nuclear Regulation’s Security Assessment Principles (and the associated Technical Assessment Guides), as well as aligning policy with delivery to ensure the security function enables the business to operate effectively, appropriately, and proportionally.
This role will also require the incumbent to collaborate with all stakeholders in the organisation's supply chain (both internal and external) to meet regulatory/policy/audit requirements, as well as ensure supply chain compliance.
The role holder will work as part of the Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality Directorate, as well as with stakeholders across the organisation, to provide risk owners with the necessary advice and guidance on assurance requirements, in line with risk appetite and operational requirements.
The role holder will also play a key part in the adoption of a proactive and risk-led approach to assurance. Recording compliance is a minority task for the role.
- Own and maintain processes for security assurance, ensuring their fitness for purpose as the regulatory and operating environment evolves
- Design, undertake, commission and oversee security assurance activities, providing the link between risk assessments and risk treatment
- Develop risk-balance cases
- Assist programmes, projects and commercial activities in the interpretation and application of security policies, standards and practices
- Work with key stakeholders to embed secure-by-design and ensure appropriate through-life assurance activities are planned, established and then managed
- Share relevant assurance evidence across the organisation to increase the efficiency and speed of putting new capabilities into service
- Support and inform supply chain security risk management and assurance activities
- In conjunction with key stakeholders, develop and manages a supply chain security program aligning with business needs and regulatory requirements
- Assess the supply chain landscape and recommend modifications to security plans and supply chain security operations at both the regional and global level
- Review and refine security processes/procedures
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Security Assurance/ Risk Manager - Nuclear
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.