- Pay Rate:
£35.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.5 hours per week
Anticipated 2 months
Role: Head of Financial Services
Contract Length: Anticipated 2 months
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: East of England Ambulance Trust, Norwich, NR6 5NA
Pay Rate: £35.04 per hour PAYE
DBS required for this role TBC
OH Assessment required for this role
Must hold a full CCAB Qualification
Expert knowledge of NHS financial regime.
To assist with identification, development and planning of strategies and programmes which deliver national policy and strategy, and which improve service delivery and performance of Financial Services.
To interpret national finance guidance, policy and legislation, and advise on implementation.
To assist, guide, manage, and develop the provision of a comprehensive financial management and accounting service for all aspects of the Trust.
To be a senior contributor to Trust financial policy. To ensure the Trust complies with key financial policy documents – Standing Orders, Standing Financial Instructions, Scheme of Delegation. To maintain and keep up to date with regular consultation with the Director of Finance, the Deputy Director of Finance – Financial Services & Accounting and other financial and senior colleagues.
To be responsible for the production of aspects of the Trust’s Annual Accounts and Financial Reports. To complete accurately and on time. This will involve responsibility for work for the Annual External Audit and to be one of the main contacts with the External Auditors.
To be a key manager to work with the Internal Audit Providers, to manage reports, and to liaise with appropriate colleagues to fulfil recommendations in a timely manner.
To attend Trust Meetings to present information and to advise Trust staff on financial matters. To develop and implement Trust wide policies and procedures.
To be the Finance representative on Trust Policy Groups, Workstream Teams and other Trust Sub Committees.
To be a key advisor and manager for the planning, performance management, training and development of the Finance Team.
To contribute to the continuous development and maintenance of the structure and systems used for the financial management of Trust resources.
Role duties, responsibilities and accountability;
- The post holder must hold a full CCAB Qualification and possess significant additional knowledge and experience of strategic financial management.
- This post is at a senior corporate level of responsibility within the Trust and the post holder will act as deputy to the Deputy Director of Finance – Financial Services & Accounting, as necessary.
- The post holder will have line management responsibility for specific levels of staff in the Financial Services Section of the Finance Department.
- The post holder will be responsible for the services of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and all matters concerning Payroll.
- The post holder will be responsible for upholding Financial Governance Policy and Procedure.
- The post holder will be responsible for the management of the Trust’s authorisation procedures by the management of the Authorised Signatories List. This will involve ensuring that all transactions are appropriately authorised prior to their action.
- The post holder will be responsible for the production of timely, consistent, and accurate financial reporting.
- The post holder will be responsible for cash management and all banking duties.
- The post holder will be responsible for all taxation matters, including VAT and liaison with HMRC.
- To advise and assist the Deputy Director of Finance – Financial Services & Accounting for all financial controls. To ensure controls are implemented and followed.
- The post holder will provide financial advice and information to the Deputy Director of Finance – Financial Services & Accounting, and Director of Finance.
- The post holder will provide information for the Trust Board, Department of Health, NHSE, External Auditors, Internal Auditors, Counter Fraud Providers, and any other external bodies, as required. This will involve meeting the appropriate deadlines.
- The post holder will support Directorate Managers and other finance staff in the production of the Annual Business Plan for both revenue and/or capital.
- The post holder will provide expert advice on Financial Policy, Planning and Control to Finance Staff, The Board and Executive Team, Directorate Managers and all other budget managers, to enable finances to be managed appropriately.
- The post holder will be a financial expert on all Trust policy.
- The post holder will advise all Trust Staff on Financial Policy and Control in order that value for money and financial efficiency may be achieved.
- The post holder will be required to attend Trust Meetings at all levels to present information, and to advise and assist with financial management
Knowledge and Experience;
- Expertise in planning and policy development.
- Expertise in information analysis and performance review.
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Organisational skills to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Able to instruct, manage and develop others.
- Ability to manage highly complex, sensitive and contentious internal and external communication.
- Significant experience in a financial management role.
- People management and supervision.
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience of writing and presenting reports at senior level.
- Knowledge and experience of working with VAT, and other taxation rules and regulations.
- Requirement to travel to other locations.
- CCAB qualified
- Commitment to continuing professional development.
- Advanced specialist knowledge and expertise in the economic, financial and organisational complexities of the NHS, including current national policies and change programmes.
- Expert knowledge of NHS financial regime
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you are interested in this role, please email your CV back to [email protected]
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Head of Financial Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.