- Pay Rate:
£11.83 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Barnet, London,
Temporary Support Officer / Minute Taker (Admin) – Safeguarding
Reference no: Barnet RQ611193
The post-holder will be required to provide a comprehensive safeguarding minute taking service for Adults and Health.
- Minute Adult Safeguarding meetings using judgement, skills and expertise to compile and produce a clear and agreed record of the meeting or Conference.
- Compile & circulate minutes within Adult Social Care and to external agencies, service users and families, where appropriate, within procedural deadlines.
- Attend meetings that may take place in registered care setting or in the home of the vulnerable adult.
- Transcribe notes to provide an accurate record.
- Maintain the confidentiality of client information, ensuring that correspondence is appropriately handled in line with the Councils information governance policies
- Contribute to effective and efficient service delivery according to the priorities, policies and procedures laid down by the Local Safeguarding Adults Board.
- Show high level of discretion at all times due to the highly sensitive nature of the work.
- Be proactive in handling administrative processes and systems
- Respond to requests for information from external bodies such as the Statutory Annual Returns for Safeguarding Adults (SAR) and the Freedom of Information Act within timescales.
- Produce, accurate and timely statistical and analysis reports for the Safeguarding Adults Board and the Adults and Health Leadership Team when required.
- Carry out data checks to aid the identification of risk in relations to MAPPA, MARAC, Provider Concerns, and the Child Death Panel.
- Provide administrative support to other teams within the Compliance Service at times of peak activity.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other local services, specialist teams, CCG, the NHS Hospital Trusts, the 3rd sector and government departments relevant to the needs of the service.
- Deliver training and briefings on the safeguarding systems and processes when required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent including English and Maths (C and above)
- Previous experience of undertaking minutes.
- Trained in Customer Care.
- Awareness of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to the role.
- Working knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations, Freedom of Information Act and other relevant data management legislation.
- Experience of working with and developing value added business processes.
- Hands-on experience of working with computerised data record systems.
- Safeguarding Training.
- Training in IT systems used by the Department: Mosaic, Integra, Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working in a care environment within the public sector.
- Knowledge of the duties and responsibilities arising from the relevant Adult Safeguarding legislation and government guidance.
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to take meeting minutes/action notes and reproduce accurate records of meetings
- Good numeracy skills, with the ability to interpret, analyse, calculate and present safeguarding statistics in a clear and accurate manner.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office particularly in Excel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey detailed information clearly, effectively, accurately and appropriately.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work effectively on own initiative to challenging deadlines and work demands.
- Highly accurate and efficient with a good eye for detail. Low error level.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to deliver common objectives.
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a creative, flexible and sensitive approach.
- Commitment and ability to promote and safeguard the welfare of vulnerable adults.
- Ability to work flexibly and embrace mobile working to balance the service options with the demands of the public.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Support Officer / Minute Taker (Admin) – Safeguarding
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.