- Pay Rate:
Up to £17.51 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, 08:00-16:00
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- COALVILLE, Leicestershire,
Temporary Repairs Chargehand – Housing Services
Reference no: NW Leicestershire 5222771
Pay rate: Up to £17.51 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Car driver with valid license, insurance and vehicle
To carry out chargehand duties in empty homes (voids). With the Repairs Team Leader to efficiently and effectively manage the operational delivery of a modern, high performing repair service, across all repair priorities.
- Support the management of effective and efficient utilisation of all available resources for the service, including labour, materials, plant, vehicles and equipment to increase the department’s productivity.
- Achieve resource efficiencies and improve productivity through the effective management and administration of the workforce and systems, working with other parts of the service to achieve that.
- Carry out surveys / inspections, as necessary, for the purpose of establishing the scope of work required, materials to order and manpower requirements.
- Work with the service support team to ensure all work is programmed effectively and within deadlines, ensuring efficiency savings where possible.
- Organise and carry out post inspections to ensure all necessary work has been completed and the correct quality has been reached.
- Ensure full compliance with all Council policies and relevant health and safety, environmental and CDM legislation and requirements, including acting as a safety representative for the service.
- Ensure all company systems and procedures are implemented including quality assurance in the designated area.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Trades qualification and/or relevant experience of supervising a contractor/trade operative workforce.
Experience & Skills:
- Supervisory experience and a proven track record in delivering a modern, effective, customer focused and high performing property repairs service.
- A proven ability to successfully lead, motivate and manage a team to produce effective outcomes, including technical aspects, standard of work and human resource issues.
- A proven ability to effectively resolve issues and problems that may arise with contractors or customers, identifying and appraising options and implementing appropriate resolutions.
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements.
- Experience in void repairs.
- Strong people skills, able to build and maintain rapport with a varying range of people.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong influencing, mediation and networking skills.
- The ability to inspire, enthuse and encourage others and ability to lead by example to embrace change.
- Able to manage self and others to meet deadlines.
- Car driver with valid license, insurance and vehicle.
- Able to demonstrate a confidence and resilience to deal with changing demands.
- The ability to resolve difficult and complex situations, professionally, tactfully and diplomatically.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Repairs Chargehand – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.