- Pay Rate:
£27.25 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 09:00-16:30
This opening assignment is for 7 months
- STAFFORD, Staffordshire,
Interim Early Years Service Development Lead
Reference no: Staffordshire 5245037
Pay rate: £27.25 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, 09:00-16:30
This opening assignment is for 7 months
City: STAFFORD, Staffordshire
Hybrid working - The role will mostly be based from home with the requirement to attend team meetings in the office.
Rate is negotiable for the right candidates – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV
Support with the operational planning and development of a small Early Years team. An Early Years Service Development Lead is required to support the Early Years Strategic Lead and to lead the further development and implementation of the interim operational plan for the Early Years Service, to provide a set of goals that align with the outcomes and priorities of the local authority strategic plan and the local and national contexts. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the skills required in the role specification and experience in service development in a relevant field of work . A significant part of the role will be delivered remotely but there will be some requirement for face to face meetings and team days.
- Lead the further development and implementation of the interim operational plan for the Early Years Service.
- Provide a set of goals that align with the outcomes and priorities of the local authority strategic plan and the local and national contexts. Support the leadership team to carefully monitor and evaluate progress towards these goals, communicating and identifying any emerging risk, mitigations and progress.
- Analyse nationally produced data to assess the effectiveness of the Early Years Service and interventions, supporting informed data driven decisions for continuous improvement and accountability.
- Provide oversight of internal data sets and information systems in relation to early education and childcare, to ensure intelligence is robust and effective in meeting the needs of the service and any new government initiatives.
- Further develop quality assurance processes and monitor these to ensure these are embedded in service delivery.
- Plan and co-ordinate a cohesive professional development program for early years practitioners, focusing on first quality teaching, inclusion, promoting best practices, and updates from current national policy and initiatives.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A degree or similar level experience, preferably in education, early years or SEND.
- Substantial experience of leading and supporting service improvement within a relevant context.
- Experience of driving initiatives from initiation through to completion.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to quickly develop positive working relations and effective team work, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to translate and implement policies, strategic priorities and legislation into clear team and business plan objectives.
- Ability to understand data and insight to improve practice.
- Ability to work under pressure, work to tight timescales and prioritise work plans to meet targets and milestones.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Early Years Service Development Lead
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.