- Pay Rate:
Approximately £207.11 MAX PAYE per day
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 24 months
Role: Public Law Lawyer
Contract Length: Anticipated 24 months
Location: On Site 5 days per week in London, Near Holborn Tube station
Pay Rate: Approximately £207.11 MAX PAYE per day
This role requires candidates to be skilled in the following areas:
1. handle complex, multi-disciplinary, professional, multi-strand legal or investigative environments; manage and/or contribute to the formulation of investigative practices or legal policies;
2. handle complex, large-scale projects, including involvement in delivery of large-scale disclosure/eDisclosure/document production/information management exercises; which requires a degree of IT capability.
3. plan, define and implement strategies to support delivery;
4. manage document-heavy review processes to identify key relevant material, including establishing defined programmes of work and monitoring delivery;
5. give clear and detailed instructions to witnesses to ensure delivery of high-quality evidence.
- Applicants must be qualified to practise as a Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal Executive in England and Wales (or will be qualified 3 months from application date). They must have completed a training contract/pupillage/qualifying employment or have been exempted from this by the Law Society, the Bar Council or CILEx.
2. Professional entry criteria for Chartered Legal Executives (i.e. Fellows): Chartered Legal Executives may be eligible where (i) a Qualifying Law Degree (QLD) is held; or (ii) the Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)/CPE has been completed; or (iii) where exams have been passed (i.e. a score of 50% or above achieved), at CILEx Level 6*, in all of the following seven foundation subjects in law:1. Contract Law
2. Criminal Law
3. Equity and Trusts Law
4. European Union Law
5. Land Law
6. Public Law
7. Law of Tort
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Security Clearance: SC highly desirable; candidates with active SC clearance will be fast-tracked.
Please send your CV directly to [email protected]
If you consider yourself to have a disability or if you are a veteran, and you meet the essential criteria for the role, you will be put forward for the ‘Guaranteed Interview’ scheme whereby you will have the opportunity to discuss this role and your suitability with a member of the Sourcing team.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the equivalent PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information.
Please send us your CV in Word format rather than PDF and avoid the use of columns and tables as this will help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client.
Please ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we provide the best talent and encourage all applications regardless of background, in line with our commitment to diversity, equality and inclusion.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Public Law Lawyer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.