- Pay Rate:
Up to £10.71 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 13 months
- OXFORD, Oxfordshire,
Temporary Pensions Administrator x4 – Pension Services
Reference no: Oxfordshire 5223536
Pay rate: Up to £10.71 per hour PAYE depending on experience
To calculate and administer the benefits of the Local Government Pension Scheme in accordance with Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) Regulations, Fire Scheme Pension Regulations, overriding Pension Regulations, HMRC Regulations, Fund discretions and Scheme Employer discretions. To develop knowledge, skills and expertise in a Pension service area(s) which will be the main focus of your work.
- Have or develop, and maintain knowledge of current and previous LGPS / Fire Scheme regulations, other appropriate legislation and employer discretions in order to interpret and apply the correct regulations to benefit calculations.
- Calculate (using Altair or manually as appropriate) and/or pay scheme benefits for retirements, deaths, estimates, redundancy, refunds of contributions, preserved benefits and transfers of benefits out of the scheme. Note payments will be made either using Altair immediate payments or Altair pensioner payroll.
- Calculate (either using Altair or manually) the effect on scheme benefits of changes to working hours, maternity leave, paternity leave, unpaid leave, pensions increase, ill health enhancements, guaranteed minimum pensions (GMP), transfer of benefits in to the scheme, re-employment of pensioners and merged benefits.
- Validate (using Altair or manually) the work of other Benefit Administrators in respect of transfers of benefits in and out of the scheme (IFA), leavers, re-employment, maternity leave, name changes and address changes.
- In all cases to update or verify that the information to the Altair database has been been input accurately and in accordance team procedures, pension fund regulations, the requirements of The Pension Regulation and taking account of data protection.
- Provide scheme members and scheme employers with clear, concise and accurate information about the provisions of the previous or current regulations and how these will apply in specific circumstances.
- Review the data received from scheme employers for accuracy and consistency – challenging and querying this where there are anomalies – to ensure that data can be uploaded to pension system.
- Maintain records of data received and any queries generated.
- Liaise with scheme employers where they are TUPE transferring employees to ensure that the correct process for admitted body status is applied.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, or comparable ability.
- ECDL or equivalent training in relevant software packages desirable.
- IPP in Pensions Administration (or equivalent) desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of processing financial claims/transactions desirable.
- Administrative experience.
- Front line service (visitor/telephone) experience.
- Experience of handling data and statistics desirable.
- Experience of inputting and retrieving data from ICT based record systems.
- Experience of working effectively to deadlines.
- Able to demonstrate evidence of appropriate level of knowledge.
- Local government Pension/Occupational scheme knowledge desirable.
- Knowledge use of Altair desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing, by e-mail and in person.
- Good analytical skills, able to interpret information and relate to regulatory provisions.
- Able to undertake complex numerical calculations.
- Methodical and organised approach to tasks, with an eye for detail.
- Initiative, flexibility and ability to handle change.
- Commitment to providing good customer service with a drive for continuous improvement.
- Commitment to continuous personal development.
- Ability to work alone, as well as working co-operatively as an effective team member.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure prioritising competing demands effectively.
- Able to deal with work of a confidential nature.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Pensions Administrator x4 – Pension Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.