- Pay Rate:
£13.17 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- GATESHEAD, Tyne & Wear,
Temporary Business Admin Support Assistant – Children’s Services
Reference no: Gateshead 5875314135484
Pay rate: £13.17 per hour PAYE
Basic DBS required for this role
Minute taking skills and experience are essential for this role
To provide an efficient and effective business support administrative service within Children’s Social Work and to manage and develop an effective and efficient business support service directly to support the Youth Justice Service and CAF Support Team.
- Update manual and computerised records and ensure they are accurately maintained in accordance with Service timescales.
- Carry out case audits and collate and analyse performance management information and produce reports on behalf of management.
- Provide support within the Duty/Triage and manage the rota of front line services where necessary.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination, monitoring and provision of administration support at statutory meetings across the service, including the accurate taking and recording of minutes.
- Responsibility for managing petting cash, and ordering and payment of invoices.
- Respond to enquiries at first point of contact managing the unpredictability of call type and caller needs which could be complex, challenging and face-to-face.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- 5 GCSE’s A - C or 9 - 4 including Maths and English or equivalent qualification or relevant demonstrable experience.
- NVQ level 3 in Business Administration.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experienced in dealing with sensitive and difficult situations.
- Good knowledge of administrative systems and procedures.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills demonstrating a high standard of accuracy.
- Minute taking and co-ordination of meetings skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Able to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to implement and develop manual and computerised systems.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Business Admin Support Assistant – Children’s Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.