- Pay Rate:
Up to £19.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- WEST BRIDGFORD, Nottinghamshire,
Temporary Communications & Marketing Officer
Reference no: Nottinghamshire TCL 0008 72C3 / 1
Pay rate: Up to £19.00 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: WEST BRIDGFORD, Nottinghamshire
Hybrid working, travel across the region (Notts and Derbyshire) may be necessary. This is likely to include a weekly meeting at Derby City
A Communications & Marketing Officer is required to be involved in the creation of the East Midlands Combined County Authority (EMCCA). The programme of work is complex involving many stakeholders including city, county, district and borough councils, the D2N2 Local Enterprise Partnership, local universities and colleges, and Government departments. The programme is high profile with intensive involvement from leaders and chief executives, as well as senior stakeholders from across the region and central government. Given this context, there is a significant need for communications planning and delivery including election awareness campaigns, stakeholder engagement and being ready to deliver when the first Mayor takes up their term of office. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with an interest and knowledge of local government and politics an advantage.
- Deliver effective communications activity as directed, working across a range of communications disciplines.
- Plan effective campaigns and business activity using timely communication tactics to meet defined outcomes and customer needs, within agreed budgets.
- Daily management of the Press Office, including direct liaison with the media.
- Proactively reaching out to media to negotiate deadlines, stories and media opportunities, including media briefings, events and photo opportunities.
- Work within project teams on a range of activity using a number of communication disciplines, including writing and distributing media releases, e-mail and mail communications, website and social media content and assisting with media enquiries and events.
- Develop good working relationships with services, politicians, relevant partners, external stakeholders and other opinion formers.
- Evaluate communications activity to understand if objectives have been achieved so that decisions can be made about changes in direction for existing or future activity.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in communications and PR, including channels and technology.
- Assess data and analysis to support decision making and reporting.
- Attend press and promotional events out of office hours and at weekends as required.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- A qualification in marketing/business/ communications/sales desirable.
- Considerable communications skills and experience.
- Skills and experience relating to the formulation, delivery, management and evaluation of communications plans.
- Budget responsibility experience and reporting skills.
- Experience of working effectively with a variety of internal and external customers, partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of copywriting and proofreading, and excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of using social media as a promotional and advertising channel and interacting and engaging with audiences on social network sites.
- Experience of writing content for a variety of different audiences.
- Knowledge and experience of creating and distributing media stories and of arranging and hosting press events, launches, interviews and photo calls.
- Knowledge and experience of using Google Analytics and event tracking to evaluate the performance of websites, digital marketing and conversion measurement desirable.
- Experience of design and print production and advertising processes desirable.
- Experience of working in local government and/or the public or third sectors desirable.
- Interest and knowledge of local government and politics an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of data protection, copyright and IP issues.
- Good knowledge and understanding of communications techniques and their application with a creative and customer-focused approach.
Skills & Abilities:
- A self-starter.
- Excellent literacy and communication skills. Tactful and diplomatic.
- Excellent planning and evaluation skills.
- A good eye for design and creative flair.
- Well-developed, proven organisational skills with the ability to manage time effectively, work to tight deadlines, and thrive under pressure.
- Excellent ICT skills - including experience of using Microsoft Office, email marketing software, CMS, digital advertising platforms and design software.
- Good PR skills, with experience of working with and managing media and stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, positive and proactive. Friendly, outgoing personality. Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to partnership working.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Ability to travel throughout the city and to regional and national meetings.
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Communications & Marketing Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.