- Pay Rate:
£384.45 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Interim Technical Engineer (Infrastructure)
Job Ref: MPS 0005 F734 / 1
Clearance: DV only
A Technical Engineer (Infrastructure) is required to design and build various systems across all security level networks and install and configure COTS products.
Candidates will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Windows Server and desktop operating systems
- VMWare Virtualisation products
- F5 Load Balancers infrastructure and configuration
- VMware vSphere (vSAN, NSX)
- Windows OS (2008R2 to 2019)
- Applications based on SQL DBs and web-based applications
- F5 Load balancers (+migration to NSX load balancers)
- Air-gapped environment (no direct internet access).
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CCNA qualification (desirable).
- Working in a technically diverse environment.
- Working with service desk call management systems.
- Working within an ITIL service environment working to defined metrics and SLAs.
- Cisco technologies including Routing, Switching, VoIP and Video Conferencing.
- Juniper and Cisco security and firewall devices.
- Load balancer technology.
- Cisco switching and routing hardware.
- Network security best practice.
- ITIL change management.
- Failover testing, resilience and redundancy methodology.
- Network and Infrastructure monitoring and automation tools.
- Ability to prioritise, execute tasks and achieve results in a busy Service Operation environment.
- Experience of infrastructure design within a secure environment.
- Experience of failover testing, resilience and redundancy methodology.
- Experience of Infrastructure monitoring and automation tools.
- Experience of ESRI Mapping products.
- Microsoft Certification.
- VMWare Certification.
- ITIL v3+ Foundation.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- DV Clearance.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Interim Technical Engineer (Infrastructure) – ICT (re-opened)
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.