- Pay Rate:
£147.63 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- ILFORD, Essex,
Interim Senior Data Scientist – Business Intelligence
Reference no: Redbridge RQ737777
Pay rate: £147.63 per day PAYE
Evening working required on occasions
This role will be central to developing the evidence for initiatives into addressing the cost of living crisis on limited funds. Developing and designing appropriate analytical models, applying analytical techniques, including use of necessary software, to produce accurately informed insight and knowledge and apply this to a range of strategic projects. To work with the core intelligence team and to lead on anti-poverty work, ensuring that the Council responds effectively to the needs of residents and ensures the right support to the right people.
- Develop and design appropriate analytical models, applying analytical techniques, including use of necessary software, to produce accurately informed insight and knowledge and apply this to a range of strategic projects.
- Identify, manage and analyse data from inside and outside the Council and develop complex evidence bases to support strategic decision making.
- Present data to members, directorates and the corporate strategy team in an accessible, accurate, relevant and timely way to support better business and strategic analysis.
- Proactively gather, interpret and analyse a range of data to create knowledge for decision makers and operate and influence at a senior level within a political context.
- Design analytical models to develop the strongest insights into the needs of residents and provide services with the understanding they require to create and deliver the most appropriate services. This includes predictive modelling.
- Play an integral role in supporting the design and production of evidence based research and analysis.
- Develop tools to provide insight into the strategic interpretation of highly complex data and other information necessary to ensure efficient and effective working and inform both operational and strategic planning.
- Using business intelligence and data insights to evaluate the benefits and risks of for the commissioning and procurement of external contracts in relation to the Council.
- Lead projects and working groups and use in depth data analysis to identify reductions in service spending and revenue increase.
- Provide high level expert advice across the Council on analytical and statistical techniques so as to effectively monitor, analyse and evaluate data to contribute to the delivery of the Corporate objectives.
- Evening working as and when required to attend relevant conferences, external workshops.
- 1 or 2 direct reports being a Business Intelligence Analyst and possibly an apprentice or Graduate Behavioural Insights Officer.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree or equivalent – through qualification or prior learning.
- Experience of developing complex evidence base and applying this to support strategic decision making.
- Experience of designing analytical models for the interpretation of data and production of insights.
- Experience of manipulating, analysing and interpreting data, identifying the key findings and action or improvements that are needed as a result.
- Experience of analysing data and summarising for different audiences.
- High level of data manipulation, analyse and interpret numerical data experience.
- Experience and knowledge of project management methodology and tools.
- Experience of planning and managing projects, setting targets and ensuring these are met.
- Good knowledge of local government and the policy context around it.
- High level of awareness of the local policy context such as Public Health and Education.
- Ability to present data to members, directorates and the corporate strategy team in an accessible, accurate, relevant and timely way to support better business and strategic analysis.
- Strong ability to use or learn to use software to extract and manipulate data sets.
- Ability to carry out high level analysis of strategic trends and insight to provide advice.
- Ability to manage deadlines and conflicting priorities is essential.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and deliver own work programme within deadlines.
- Able to thrive and excel working in collaboration with teammates that have different skills and specialisms and have excellent interpersonal skills to engage internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent report-writing and oral communication skills.
- Able to work evenings as and when required to attend relevant conferences, external workshops.
- Well-developed communication skills, including report-writing and presentational skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Data Scientist – Business Intelligence
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.