- Pay Rate:
£18.29 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ROMFORD, Essex,
Temporary Home Ownership & Leasehold Officer – Housing
Reference no: Havering RQ845779
Pay rate: £18.29 per hour PAYE
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
This role is to provide an effective and responsive property and management service to residents relating to homeownership including shared owners, leasehold, freehold, intermediate or market rent requirements including statutory and Council regulations, to determine the best options and resources available on a case by case basis. To be responsible for the monitoring and management of performance within the area of responsibility, ensuring that internal and external standards are met and improved upon with the aim of achieving high resident satisfaction.
To be aware of all relevant legislation, such as Consumer Credit Act, Estate Agents Act, Data Protection, Money Laundering and Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations and to carry and manage a case load, working with individuals including supporting and directing clients to access a broad range of housing services and where appropriate making relevant onward referrals and signpost to other services.
- Provide holistic, informed and accurate housing advice which is “right first time”, to all approaches to the service.
- Support, coach and empower residents to independently assess and manage their own housing situation and make informed choices.
- Responsible for the delivery of management services associated with all aspects of ownership ensuring the correct and appropriate professional advice is given to residents and obligations are fulfilled in accordance with the legislative and contracts framework.
- Responsible for the calculation of annual estimated and actual service charges expenditure and issue invoices and statements to owners as appropriate. Ensuring the correct and appropriate professional advice is given to residents and obligations are fulfilled in accordance with the legislative and contracts framework.
- Deal with service charge account enquiries and resolve balance queries. Investigate related agreement breaches and where necessary refer to the Home Ownership and Leasehold Team Leader for legal action. Provide advice to owners including invoicing procedures and payment options and where appropriate refer to the CAB or DWP.
- Liaise with all service areas to deliver high quality repairs, grounds maintenance, cleaning and caretaking services, or any other service associated with the owner’s contract. This is to include regular monitoring of service standards, issuing notices of required corrective action and home visits.
- Deal with all aspects associated with leases, agreements etc. ensuring permission clauses are adhered to and any deeds of variation required are expedited in accordance with legislation and Council requirements.
- Take appropriate action to resolve any under performance in support of the Home Ownership and Leasehold Team Leader as appropriate.
- Ensure liaison with all relevant sections/departments in relation to the management of private tenancies and leases around issues such as ASB, neighbour nuisance etc. and take appropriate action to rectify.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics.
- A qualification in Housing management related subject, or undertaking study which must lead to successful qualification desirable.
- Housing management experience.
- Significant track-record of operating in all areas of shared ownership and leasehold management process gained at a case work level within a local authority, housing association, government body or agency or similar.
- Experience of effective multi-disciplinary working.
- Experience of working on defined operational projects, working to tight deadlines and objectives with minimum supervision.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Have an excellent working knowledge of all elements of shared ownership and leasehold management process and case management.
- Ability to have and maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of relevant policy and strategy areas.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to positively handle contact with clients from a range of backgrounds and with complex needs.
- Ability to build and maintain a good understanding of wider council and department objectives, services and initiatives and an understanding of how these interface with delivery of housing needs services.
- Ability to handle conflict, or potential conflict situations with clients who may be distressed, dissatisfied or potentially aggressive/ violent, and to do so within the Councils policy/procedure on carrying out such interviews.
- The ability to build and maintain a thorough working knowledge in using data and case management systems to ensure data quality and effective sharing of work.
- Ability to handle and respond to customer complaints clearly and comprehensively in keeping with the council’s service standards.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
- Able to work out of normal office hours on occasions including evenings.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Home Ownership & Leasehold Officer – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.