- Pay Rate:
up to £320 per day PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- NEWTON ABBOT, Devon,
Interim Estates Surveyor - Economy & Assets
Reference no: Teignbridge 5243349
Pay rate: up to £320 per day PAYE depending on experience
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: NEWTON ABBOT, Devon
An Estates Surveyor is required to undertake effective day to day management of the Council’s property portfolio, assist with strategic asset management initiatives, such as regeneration projects and portfolio reviews.
- Organise the letting of premises to new tenants and the re-letting of premises to existing tenants upon expiry of their leases.
- General management, valuations, rent reviews and lease renewals of the Council’s property interests.
- Negotiations with public and private sector owners and developers.
- Coordinate the Council’s own development projects to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
- Identify assets with developmental potential and consider planning, legal and financial implications.
- Dispose of assets no longer required by the authority.
- Investigate and provide information on the possible acquisition of new assets and feasibility studies on potential sites for development.
- Represent the Council at internal and external meetings to ensure the Council’s interests are protected and provide advice on property related matters.
- Undertake valuations for capital accounting purpose in accordance with the RICS Red Book and Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA) requirements.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Qualified to at least degree level or equivalent.
- Membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
- RICS Registered Valuer.
- Demonstrable experience in property management and understanding of related law including Landlord and Tenant legislation.
- Substantive experience in undertaking valuations for a range of purposes and an understanding of best practice valuation procedures.
- Experience of presenting written and verbal reports.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to provide innovative and creative solutions to property related projects.
- Highly developed negotiating and influencing skills.
- Positive, confident and able to influence others.
- Able to demonstrate effective self-management and initiative.
- Flexible and able to cope with pressure.
- Effective presentation skills with ability to adapt to a range of audiences to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to travel according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments. Full Driving Licence desirable.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Estates Surveyor - Economy & Assets
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.