- Pay Rate:
Up to £350.00 per day depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
38 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- UXBRIDGE, London,
Interim Project Manager - Construction
Reference no: Hillingdon RQ759420
Pay rate: Up to £350.00 per day depending on experience
Car driver with valid license and insurance or ability to travel
A Construction Project Manager is required with a surveying or construction background, preferably chartered (e.g. MRICS, MCIOB) with a number of years’ experience working on a diverse range of projects as a Programme/Project Manager.
To work on a range of capital works projects (housing, community buildings or corporate buildings) with the ability to be able to take allocated projects from inception to completion. Some local authority experience is an advantage but not essential. A broad background would be advantageous, e.g. a mix of professional, contracting and Local Authority. Demonstrable experience in leading projects, meeting budgets and timescales and being self sufficient will be required and also experience of having progressed multiple programmes/projects through to completion. Enthusiasm and a willingness to get things done is essential.
- Ensure that the Capital Programme is carried out in accordance with the Council’s Development Strategy across all residential and corporate stock including re-generation programmes; delivering schemes that meet the Council’s design, quality and sustainability objectives in line with procurement and financial procedures.
- Work on a range of capital works projects (housing, community buildings or corporate buildings) with the ability to be able to take allocated projects from inception to completion.
- Lead monthly on site project meetings with various contractors across all project locations.
- Develop excellent working relationships with residents and the local community.
- Lead the programme of resident, community and stakeholder participation and consultation events for development projects.
- Deliver financial appraisals, risk maps, project programmes, and regular update reports for all allocated development projects as required.
- Undertake project management of schemes on cost, quality and delivery from inception to the end of the defects period post-handover.
- Ensure that internal design forums are convened on a timely basis for all new development schemes.
- Develop clear specifications for works, goods and services, and ensure that all contract administration is carried out in a compliant and timely way with consultant and contractor performance reviews, reports and meetings clearly documented and recorded.
- Monitor contractor’s performance in carrying out defects works, ensuring a high quality service is delivered to all stakeholder groups.
- Ensure that all statutory and compliance obligations are formally documented and implemented through the Council’s risk management systems.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Construction/ property related degree or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Relevant professional qualification in discipline covering building and construction e.g. RICS, MCIOB desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a managing a portfolio of new build development projects from initiation to delivery.
- Significant experience of the development process including land and property acquisitions, building contracts, design and technical standards.
- Experience in procuring and managing consultants and contractors.
- Significant experience of identifying, engaging with and managing a diverse range of influential contacts within stakeholder and community groups and partner organisations.
- Experience of contract management, project management and change control.
- Experience of challenging silo attitudes to encourage effective relationship building inside and external to an organisation.
- Evidence of involvement in change management and delivery of service and professional practice improvements.
- Experience of building collaborative relationships that engender a sense of teamwork.
- Experience of developing and managing a strong customer service culture.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Thorough understanding of property development financial analysis.
- Thorough understanding of HCA funding, regulatory standards and funding requirements.
- Understand the complexities of political dynamics and use this to manage relationships and resolve conflict effectively.
- Understanding of the operational and strategic issues related to the development of both commercial and domestic properties.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, able to analyse information and interpret it for non-experts.
- Strong influencing expertise, able to work intuitively and liaise effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Highly numerate and IT literate, able to work effectively with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and a range of development appraisal systems.
- Ability to assess risk and promote risk awareness without being risk averse.
- Hold a current UK Drivers Licence or equivalent and have vehicle available for use at all times.
- Able to fully access buildings/building sites/ rough ground in order to carry out aspects of the role.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Project Manager - Construction
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.