- Pay Rate:
£20.42 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- LAMBETH, London,
Interim Liveability Housing Officer – Housing Services
Reference no: Lambeth RQ744165
Pay rate: £20.42 per hour PAYE
To deliver an integrated generic housing service to tenants and leasehold customers and to work closely with other teams, councillors and Tenants and Residents Associations to achieve sustainable tenancies in sustainable communities.
- Provide a proactive and customer focused housing management service across a designated area and to ensure that the Council fulfils its legal and contractual obligations to tenants and leaseholders.
- Act as a regular and visible presence on estates, taking action to make sure estates are safe and well maintained and provide advice, information and reports on any housing management matter.
- Support the Liveability Team deliver the Vulnerable Residents Offer.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to NQF level 3 (e.g. A level/BTEC National Diploma, NVQ level 3) or equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Minimum of 12 months recent housing experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience of managing casework and following these through successfully.
- Experience of resolving queries, providing advice and support to customers, including the analysis of information to enable informed decision-making.
- Experience of managing complex casework and following through successfully.
- An understanding of the issues of housing, estate management, health and safety and how these impact on the well-being of residents and the responsibilities of landlords.
- Knowledge of current legislation relevant to housing, tenancy and leasehold management and safety and estate management.
- Keeping abreast of updates in relevant housing, tenancy and leasehold management legislation.
- Demonstrable experience of effective working partnerships with multi-agencies, local residents, environmental, community groups and police within a performance based environment.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Liveability Housing Officer – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.