- Pay Rate:
Up to £31.80 per HOUR pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 6 months
Interim Senior Internal Auditor -Hybrid Working – PSR 1JP00064656
Pay Rate: Up to £31.80 per HOUR pay range subject to IR35 status
Location: Warrington, 3 days a week. 2 Remote working from home.
It is essential for this role that you have an Internal audit qualification, along with at least 5 years experience in internal auditing and a strategical level thinking/mindset.
An understanding of working in a highly regulated environment, e.g. Finance/ Nuclear/ Pharmaceutical is desirable.
- The team provide critical insight to the delivery of the Corporate Internal Audit Plan; and subsequently the delivery of the Plan in line with professional standards, Code of Ethics and governance in order to provide assurance to the Board.
- In addition, the role provides a key enabler to the Head of Internal Audit in the provision of independent assurance and advisory services, including supporting the completion of control investigations, and provision of financial governance advice.
- Advanced skills in governance, risk management and internal control practices, including proficient skills in data analytics
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- able to influence key internal stakeholders
- Ability to effectively prioritise within an environment of conflicting demands.
- Advanced knowledge of legislative and policy frameworks and working within these; for example, fraud, bribery and corruption i.e. Government Standards etc.
- Results driven and action orientated
- Resilient, tenacious and self-starter
- Professional Qualification (Chartered Accountant (ACA) or Chartered Auditor (CIA).
- Demonstrable post qualified relevant audit experience (PQE).
- Given the particular focus of the SL Corporate Internal Audit function, professional audit experience in programme and project management is desirable (Management of Portfolios (MOP) / Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) / PRINCE 2) is desirable), along with relevant training and experience in commercial contracting.
- Experience in undertaking forensic audits and investigations
Prior experience working in a matrix management environment, able to evidence strong collaborative working.
- Manage / Lead the delivery of risk-based audit reviews through the evaluation and challenge to the quality and implementation of management policies, processes and procedures in order to provide assurance as to the adequacy of internal controls and risk management and strengthen business resilience to ensure achievement of strategic objectives e.g. value for money, avoidance of risk materialising
- Deliver Internal audit reviews in line with both professional requirements of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors (CIIA), the Code of Ethics and the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards (PSIAS) in order to assess the adequacy of internal controls, identify risks and issues, make recommendations and monitor the implementation of agreed actions in order to strengthen controls.
- Identify commercial and practical solutions to control issues, make recommendations. Present audit reports with identified significant control weaknesses requiring immediate attention to appropriate Sponsors/Directors and track actions to resolve issues/risks raised.
- Provide critical insight to the Head of Internal Audit and the Senior Internal Audit Manager (providing regular management information) on progress in addressing the control weaknesses identified during audit reviews. This includes formal reporting and escalation to the Sponsoring Directors where progress against audit actions is not made. Specifically, holding the business to account for the action progress.
- Provide critical insight to enable the Head of Internal Audit to report on progress to the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee and wider stakeholders e.g. SL Board, SL Executive Committee and the team on performance on the implementation of actions arising from audit reviews.
- Build constructive and effective relationships with all levels of Management within the Business and advise on significant issues identified on the processes and activities during the delivery of audits they are responsible for and reach agreement on how issues will be resolved.
- Conduct ad hoc reviews / investigations as required, including supporting the investigation of frauds and irregularities in accordance with Company policies and procedures and UK / European Law in order to prevent and detect fraud, bribery and corruption, in line with SL Code of Business Responsible Conduct.
- Lead and or support risk and control awareness training in the business, delivered against an annual Plan which is approved by the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (a sub-committee of the SL Board). Delivery of a programme of workshops and bi-monthly training sessions to support management capability upskilling and help strengthen risk management across all areas of the business.
- Provide support and supervision e.g. coaching and advice to less experienced team members when leading reviews, investigations and training to enable knowledge sharing and skills development of the Internal Audit team.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Annual Internal Audit plan and proactively identify potential areas for further review within the business throughout the year.
- Build constructive and effective relationships with the business. Play a wider role in business initiatives i.e. supporting key governance / business meetings i.e. attendance at the portfolio level meetings e.g. Solid Waste Improvement Committee, Commercial and Financial Governance Committee’s, On and off-Site Disposal Improvement Programme, Inventory Management Improvement Programme etc.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Senior Internal Auditor
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.