- Pay Rate:
£55.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37.5 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- BOLTON, Greater Manchester,
Interim Lawyer – Adult Social Care
Reference no: Bolton 0007 2692 / 1
Pay rate: £55.00 per hour PAYE
Note: the pay rate is provisional only and the ad will be amended with the confirmed rate, once received
Please note that the pay rate for this role is likely to be uplifted to reflect a higher than standard holiday allocation
Part time hours may be considered depending on level of experience
Role length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
An experienced Lawyer (Solicitor/Barrister or FILEX qualified) is required to cover a range of Adult Social Care matters. Part time hours may be considered depending on the level of experience. The case load comprises s.21A challenges, s.16 welfare applications, Ordinary Residence queries, s.117 disputes, some transitions cases, some general Mental Health queries, some finance matters including advice around Appointeeship/checking Deputyship referrals, deferred payment agreements, etc. Will also include general duty matters and some ASC mixed housing or immigration matters as they arise.
Depending on the level of experience, some Safeguarding Board work and/or policy work may also be available.
- Cover a range of Adult Social Care matters which will include s.21A challenges, s.16 welfare applications, Ordinary Residence queries, s.117 disputes, some transitions cases, some general Mental Health queries, some finance matters including advice around Appointeeship/checking Deputyship referrals, deferred payment agreements, etc.
- General duty matters and some ASC mixed housing or immigration matters as they arise.
- Some Safeguarding Board work and/or policy work depending on experience.
- Assist in matters relating to the Council’s statutory functions.
- Advise Council members and other officers of appropriate matters within the post holder’s responsibility.
- Keep up to date with relevant new legislation, case law and Council policy and participate in appropriate further training opportunities.
- Contribute and participate as an active team member in the Legal Services Division sharing knowledge with other officers.
- Provide assistance and cover for colleagues within the Department when required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualified Solicitor of England and Wales, Barrister, CILEX or equivalent.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Excellent oral and written communication and comprehension skills, including the capacity to negotiate, to draft complex legal documentation and advice often under time pressure while meeting deadlines, and to demonstrate an innovative, problem-solving approach to legal problems.
- Demonstrable experience of collaborative working with a range of stakeholders.
- Able to multi task and work under pressure.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Lawyer – Adult Social Care
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.