- Pay Rate:
£25.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- SLOUGH, Berkshire,
Interim Network Inspector / Permits – Engineering & Surveying
Reference no: Slough RQ743274
Pay rate: £25.00 per hour PAYE
To provide inspection and coordination services to facilitate greater control of all works activities on the road network to minimise disruption, and to help in maintaining the expeditious movement of traffic on the network. Ensure compliance with network / Street Works legislation and codes of practice and that all applicable income is collected in order to maintain a ‘cost neutral scheme.
- Assist in ensuring that the Council discharges its legal duties in relation to the requirements imposed by the TMA, NRSWA and SEPS in respect of management of the highway network.
- Complete inspections of statutory undertaker and highway authority works to ensure compliance with all conditions stipulated via the SEPS.
- Complete computer generated random sample inspections of statutory undertaker, highway authority and licensee works to ensure compliance with the Safety at Street Works Code of Practice, Specification for the Reinstatement of Openings in the Highway (SROH), and to issue defect notices and/or directions as appropriate.
- Complete computer generated random sample inspections of completed works (including highway authority works for road purposes) in order to monitor potential for section 74 overruns and issue challenges to works durations as appropriate.
- Identify and report failures of statutory undertaker apparatus or the highway assets to the relevant parties and to follow up until remedied.
- Procure remedial action from the term maintenance contractor, as a consequence of dangerous failures and to programme and complete follow-up inspections resulting from the issue of defect notices to works promoters.
- Assist in the collection of evidence as may be required to support legal action related to the work within the scope of this post.
- Assist in the coordination of works and activities on the highway network and liaise with the Statutory Undertakers, internal works promoters, the public, elected members, the Police, and all other relevant organisations concerning highway works and events, and to deal with any related correspondence.
- Assist in the assessment of permit applications and the granting, refusal, or request for modification of permit requests. Also to monitor compliance via the inspection process and to assist with the issuing of Fixed Penalty Notices (FPNs) or recommendation of prosecution where appropriate.
- Produce and keep adequate records and to facilitate the compilation of statistics, reports or other relevant material as may be reasonably required.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- NRSWA supervisor level certification.
- Technical knowledge of highway maintenance and construction techniques.
- Reasonable knowledge of traffic management and site safety.
- Some experience in Highway / Network engineering environment.
- Experience in assisting in the delivery of projects and programmes, ideally within the public sector, and providing effective administrative, financial and project support.
- Ability to communicate and commit to a shared purpose and direction, aligned to the council’s vision, strategies and plans.
- Experience of managing others and ensuring people are engaged and motivated.
- Able to plan, prioritise and deliver allocated work within agreed processes and frameworks, including co- ordinating work of others.
- Excellent customer service skills and an understanding of customers’ needs.
- Flexibility and the ability to move between and across additional specialisms.
- Ability to handle and process computerised data and information with care, accuracy, confidentiality and security to ensure accurate and reliable information.
- Strong IT skills using Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Network Inspector / Permits – Engineering & Surveying
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.